Author Topic: BoB is up.  (Read 2001 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: BoB is up.
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 11:20:55 PM »
Well that was great.  Not a single person in there at 10CST
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 12:57:16 AM »
Yup, I haven't seen more than 1 person in there all week.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BoSoxFan

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 02:16:36 AM »
It seems that in this setup dot radar was turned off. Friendly as well as enemy. I see that the setup is trying to give people the opportunity to pratice for the upcoming BoB scenario but what people have to realize is that its not the SEA scenario. What I'm saying is in the SEA setup there are hundreds of people and in the AVA there are very few people. Sure with radar off it makes you feel like you're in the SEA but with the small amount of people who populate the AVA it makes it very hard to find a fight. With out the ability to find a fight it gets boring fast and it makes people stray away. I suggest that you turn dot radar back on and extend the radar ring out into the channel so when having a fight in the Pas de Calais you can actually find the other person to fight.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 07:06:40 AM »
It seems that in this setup dot radar was turned off. Friendly as well as enemy. I see that the setup is trying to give people the opportunity to pratice for the upcoming BoB scenario but what people have to realize is that its not the SEA scenario. What I'm saying is in the SEA setup there are hundreds of people and in the AVA there are very few people. Sure with radar off it makes you feel like you're in the SEA but with the small amount of people who populate the AVA it makes it very hard to find a fight. With out the ability to find a fight it gets boring fast and it makes people stray away. I suggest that you turn dot radar back on and extend the radar ring out into the channel so when having a fight in the Pas de Calais you can actually find the other person to fight.

This has come up again and again.  Radar and icon range in the AvA caters to the pickers and the ones trying to hide from a fight.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »
agreed... limiting radar makes no sense in the AvA...  ever.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 08:17:21 AM »
I'll have to look into it when I get home.  Radar should not be shut off, I will correct that as soon as possible.

<S>BoSoxFan for politely letting me know, it was my mistake.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »
Can some squads pick a night and get it going?  If two or three squads picked the same night and posted the night then there would be good numbers to get it kick started for that night.  It will be hard for individuals to get it going joining one at a time.

Thanks,
Venom

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »
I regret to say that the behavior of a particular squad, towards some of my guys, led me to pull My squad out of the AvA for good.  I do hope they enjoy the echo effect they get as they abuse each other, now that they are all that's left in the arena. 
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 04:41:55 PM »
I regret to say that the behavior of a particular squad, towards some of my guys, led me to pull My squad out of the AvA for good.  I do hope they enjoy the echo effect they get as they abuse each other, now that they are all that's left in the arena. 

Interesting.  I thought you guys were immune to the name-calling and were here to stay?

- oldman

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 05:37:15 PM »
 Not at the expense of having a good time; we should not have to squelch an entire squad to enjoy ourselves.

Oldman, you have conducted yourself in a very decent manner through out the last year, but surely you don't expect me to believe you are surprised by the conduct of the offending squad.  I know for a fact you have been on when it took place; a player that has been around as long as yourself will be seen as condoning such behavior by not stepping in to stop it.

I also must say that the offending squad seems to be immune to the abuse reporting system as it is structured.  I guess that squad CO's dollar spends better than mine and I'll leave it at that.  Nobody can say we didn't give it a shot, even against all advise of the Aces High Community.  Good luck with all your future endeavors in the private dueling arena.  <S>
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 06:38:38 PM »
Does this mean the war is over  :noid
Jay12

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 07:15:49 PM »
Not at the expense of having a good time; we should not have to squelch an entire squad to enjoy ourselves.

Oldman, you have conducted yourself in a very decent manner through out the last year, but surely you don't expect me to believe you are surprised by the conduct of the offending squad.  I know for a fact you have been on when it took place; a player that has been around as long as yourself will be seen as condoning such behavior by not stepping in to stop it.

I also must say that the offending squad seems to be immune to the abuse reporting system as it is structured.  I guess that squad CO's dollar spends better than mine and I'll leave it at that.  Nobody can say we didn't give it a shot, even against all advise of the Aces High Community.  Good luck with all your future endeavors in the private dueling arena.  <S>
This is an absolute riot!  You and your squad got almost every single one of them booted from this forum, continue to accuse them of cheating, and make a habit - nay - a point of griefing those who don't want to participate in the war.  Don't try to pretend OM and the rest of the staff haven't bent over backwards trying to accomodate you and your squad, because they certainly did and have.  And yet you are still trying to pull out the victim card?

Wow -- just -- wow.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 10:12:19 PM »
...and I thought the LW Arenas had all of the Drama.   Damn guys.   :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2008, 07:12:32 AM »

Sorry to hear that man.  I hate to tell you this but said squad is behaving the same way in the MA.  Better pull your guys out of there fast  :O

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2008, 08:10:29 AM »
who is "said squad"?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:12:51 AM by captain1ma »