Author Topic: Glock's 'guess the airplane' thread  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Glock's 'guess the airplane' thread
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 12:52:19 AM »
But there a thread just like this what the point.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 05:43:43 AM »
When you are in a queue, there's no rule, no article of law in any juridical system in the world that say you must wait for your turn. Nonetheless, you wait and you do not step forward, taking another guy's place. Why? Because there's an unwritten rule, something upon which people have agreed that forces you to respect the queue. In that thread, the majority of the participants have agreed on using a certain order in posting the planes. If you don't agree, you can do what you want, but you have to expect a reaction from the majority that set the unwritten rule, just as it would be if you tried to bypass someone in the queue.
So wait isn't that what I said in my post? All you did was re-word my post to make it something negitive in my direction. If its just a "Unwritten law", then why should I have to abide by it? If I don't like it, I can choose to nullify that, just because I don't like it. Simple. I understand the fact that there should be an honor type thing, becuase I try and follow many in the MAs, and obviously, not everyone follows my same way of fighting. Its the same thing with these two topics here, you have one side, and you have the other. I didn't choose the other, just because I didn't even know that we were doing that. Just a question, is anywere in that topic, have anything to do with honor codes or anything like that, up till Milo's post and new topic? From what I saw, which I saw most of those pages on the topic, no there isn't anywere were we should "wait our turn" thing.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 07:30:27 AM »
You didn't get the point. The point is:

If you don't agree, you can do what you want, but you have to expect a reaction from the majority that set the unwritten rule, just as it would be if you tried to bypass someone in the queue.

I'll avoid making a lesson of law out of it, but you should understand that unwritten rules can be as binding as written ones: it's something called consuetudinary law.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »
You didn't get the point. The point is:

I'll avoid making a lesson of law out of it, but you should understand that unwritten rules can be as binding as written ones: it's something called consuetudinary law.
I had no intention to be strict, because again, I'm not following the system. The only reason why I had to stick up for myself was because this stupid thread was put up, I didn't think that it would turn out this way. It was just soley in my defense, and more not his. I do get the point however, that there is gonna be some critisizm, involved in this, and when I read you last post before this, it was 5:30AM, so I just skimmed the basics. If I read it, I might have not said it.
We just have some ignorant people here, who forgot about the all the people he might step on, making this post. Again, I would not have said anything, but because I had to go defense, we come to were we are now.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »
I had no intention to be strict, because again, I'm not following the system. The only reason why I had to stick up for myself was because this stupid thread was put up, I didn't think that it would turn out this way. It was just soley in my defense, and more not his. I do get the point however, that there is gonna be some critisizm, involved in this, and when I read you last post before this, it was 5:30AM, so I just skimmed the basics. If I read it, I might have not said it.
We just have some ignorant people here, who forgot about the all the people he might step on, making this post. Again, I would not have said anything, but because I had to go defense, we come to were we are now.
:salute
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
It was a compliment.
So sexy party time?

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »
I like glock posting in my thread, can't fault his enthusiasm - and there is no reason to be rude to him because of it.

Hooray for Glock! (just please be a bit more patient ;))

Since when are you so mellow Furbie?!?

Sorry, I think glock has dug himself in deep. Im the first person to stand up and say "Hey, lets be nice about it, let him know he is crossing some boundaries, and try to help him learn better ways to go about this", but he has refused any support and his language is getting out of hand.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2008, 10:59:38 PM »
Since when are you so mellow Furbie?!?

Sorry, I think glock has dug himself in deep. Im the first person to stand up and say "Hey, lets be nice about it, let him know he is crossing some boundaries, and try to help him learn better ways to go about this", but he has refused any support and his language is getting out of hand.
You should see my language in real life.  :O

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2008, 10:01:29 AM »
You should see my language in real life.  :O
Why would we want to punish our ears?
See Rule #4

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »
Why would we want to punish our ears?
Ya i mail it to you.