Author Topic: Wyld45's Wyld Ride  (Read 601 times)

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
Wyld45's Wyld Ride
« on: October 17, 2008, 02:34:17 PM »

Well,for the first night back I have to say it was fun. Last night in the Blue-arena
               there was a pretty big fight for A1. Now Im kind of a bomber-nut and handle that
               alot better than a fighter,so I grab some 17's out of island field A??,cut east
               and plotted a course for the A1, A2 area. My first target picked was actually
               the island base across from there, but thought there might be a problem with GVs
               at A1 keeping the Knights held back,so I change course and make a bee-line.

Sorry guys, I had every intention to record, and I had it on earlier, but
                 it was too early in the flight. So as it so often happens,when you want it on
                 film, you dont have it.  As I approached A1 and prepared,the word comes out
                 that Knights are about to take it, so once again I change my target to the
                 next closest enemy town.

As I made the approach with the town not far off,I run out of fuel.

I knew I had one chance to use the high-alt that I had to my advantage
                  so I plot a new course for home. Not long into my RTB, I hit F3 and then I
                  see red, "Airdog" and another behind him closing in fast on my tail.

The chase begins as I bounced from pilot to gunner and back as
                  Airdog continued to chase and attack. I wasnt too far from base,and
                  I still had all 3 bombers. I had dumped my payload earlier for the RTB,
                  so I had plenty of speed and maneuverability. As I got lower, I knew
                  the base was still too far away to make while under attack,so I
                  begin my descent.  Airdog was on my tail again and closing fast.

I see open ground and carefully but speedily make my way towards it.
                  as I get low and slow enough, I hit the landing gear, I hear the sound
                  and I look. I have only one working!  I said,"@*&!# it,going in!", the bomber
                  touches ground and I grab brake.

I finally stop,but as Im racing to hit the fraggin "H" button and scrambling
                    to find the cursor, Airdog drops in and begins to fire, I hit the "exit" like 3
                    times cussing all the way,............I make it safley. No-score for Airdog.   :aok  :salute
RRWyld45  1138th "Rough Riders" Bomber Wing

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
Re: Wyld45's Wyld Ride
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 09:17:24 PM »

Well,for the first night back I have to say it was fun. Last night in the Blue-arena
               there was a pretty big fight for A1. Now Im kind of a bomber-nut and handle that
               alot better than a fighter,so I grab some 17's out of island field A??,cut east
               and plotted a course for the A1, A2 area. My first target picked was actually
               the island base across from there, but thought there might be a problem with GVs
               at A1 keeping the Knights held back,so I change course and make a bee-line.

Sorry guys, I had every intention to record, and I had it on earlier, but
                 it was too early in the flight. So as it so often happens,when you want it on
                 film, you dont have it.  As I approached A1 and prepared,the word comes out
                 that Knights are about to take it, so once again I change my target to the
                 next closest enemy town.

As I made the approach with the town not far off,I run out of fuel.

I knew I had one chance to use the high-alt that I had to my advantage
                  so I plot a new course for home. Not long into my RTB, I hit F3 and then I
                  see red, "Airdog" and another behind him closing in fast on my tail.

The chase begins as I bounced from pilot to gunner and back as
                  Airdog continued to chase and attack. I wasnt too far from base,and
                  I still had all 3 bombers. I had dumped my payload earlier for the RTB,
                  so I had plenty of speed and maneuverability. As I got lower, I knew
                  the base was still too far away to make while under attack,so I
                  begin my descent.  Airdog was on my tail again and closing fast.

I see open ground and carefully but speedily make my way towards it.
                  as I get low and slow enough, I hit the landing gear, I hear the sound
                  and I look. I have only one working!  I said,"@*&!# it,going in!", the bomber
                  touches ground and I grab brake.

I finally stop,but as Im racing to hit the fraggin "H" button and scrambling
                    to find the cursor, Airdog drops in and begins to fire, I hit the "exit" like 3
                    times cussing all the way,............I make it safley. No-score for Airdog.   :aok  :salute

Way to go Wyld45, nice landing!    :rolleyes:  :D  :salute

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 11:57:57 PM »
 :huh
 :aok
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 07:48:57 AM »
I read your post in the other thread that brought me to this one. First off, I'd like to say welcome back and nice job staying alive. :salute

But as for this shamless self promoting I must throw the Bullsh*t flag :rolleyes: It sounds a little too familiar. I know I've seen you around before but I think your name is spelled differently in some way now. Could you in fact be a shade account for another shameless self promoter?  Which forces me to ask this question. What made you decide to leave the 109s and F4s and start flying bombers? You know they aren't that good when it comes to picking.  :rofl

:noid have you ever flown an F/A-18 :noid

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
I read your post in the other thread that brought me to this one. First off, I'd like to say welcome back and nice job staying alive. :salute

But as for this shamless self promoting I must throw the Bullsh*t flag :rolleyes: It sounds a little too familiar. I know I've seen you around before but I think your name is spelled differently in some way now. Could you in fact be a shade account for another shameless self promoter?  Which forces me to ask this question. What made you decide to leave the 109s and F4s and start flying bombers? You know they aren't that good when it comes to picking.  :rofl

:noid have you ever flown an F/A-18 :noid

No Fugita, apparently you dont remember. There WAS another "Wyld",(I called him on
              that crap too.) I flew with the "Ghostriders", a really great bunch of guys. Do you remember
              Voodoo,Halo,Doc or Havoc? My original was "RRWyld45",flying with them as a detachment
              wing. So my dear Fugita,if you have any questions of who I really am,talk to them guys.

....and besides, if you can find any of that other guys thread, I dont think
                   he could spell anyhow. Sounded like some JR.High kid. Oh,and how the heck
                   do you call knocking off 2 letters a shade account? Actually had a checking
                   account compromised, so had to get a new one.

Im the original "Wyld", (he got a little cranky when I told him that,
                           and Im sure he remembers who I am).  :salute

I dont fly 109s and F4s,...I fly 190s and P51s!     

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:56:25 AM by Wyld45 »

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 04:28:54 PM »
I remember those names from a while back when I was with the Screaming Devils as oPROWLYo, and I do remember you. Welcome back and don't take what I said serious, I was just trying to have a little fun. As you saw that other thread is a riot. There have been some very interesting threads lately.

If you need to wing up with anyone, you're more than welcome to ride with the LynchMob :salute. We're doing a world tour right now. We were with the Knights last month, now we're with the Rooks. We're scheduled to go back Bishland (our home) November 1st. It's been a blast so far and the Mob is a great bunch of guys to fly with. :rock

See you in the skies :salute

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 05:22:49 PM »
I remember those names from a while back when I was with the Screaming Devils as oPROWLYo, and I do remember you. Welcome back and don't take what I said serious, I was just trying to have a little fun. As you saw that other thread is a riot. There have been some very interesting threads lately.

If you need to wing up with anyone, you're more than welcome to ride with the LynchMob :salute. We're doing a world tour right now. We were with the Knights last month, now we're with the Rooks. We're scheduled to go back Bishland (our home) November 1st. It's been a blast so far and the Mob is a great bunch of guys to fly with. :rock

See you in the skies :salute

Oh not at all Fugita, I remembered you too as a pretty fun-flyer.
                                  As you could tell,I didnt get too cranky. :aok

I did know who you were talking about though,really got
                                  my goat when I seen this Noob pop in with my handle!
                                        Means alot to me since I earned that nick as an M.P.
                                   overseas during our tour of Kuwait,Iraq AND Qutar. So
                                   obviously that wasnt going to make me too happy!

Since then,I have used that name in other games
                                    like Day of Defeat and a few others.

Thank you for the Welcome-Back Fugita,hope
                                     to see you (Not on my tail! lol) in the un-friendly skies!

Since there's like a hundred-thousand "Wild-Bills",
                                     my squad leader hands me a piece of paper and says,
                                    "Heres your new nick,you earned it." Wrote it as, "Wyld Bill".
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:25:32 PM by Wyld45 »

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 09:16:08 PM »
                                       Oh not at all Fugita, I remembered you too as a pretty fun-flyer.
                                  As you could tell,I didnt get too cranky. :aok

I did know who you were talking about though,really got
                                  my goat when I seen this Noob pop in with my handle!
                                        Means alot to me since I earned that nick as an M.P.
                                   overseas during our tour of Kuwait,Iraq AND Qutar. So
                                   obviously that wasnt going to make me too happy!

Since then,I have used that name in other games
                                    like Day of Defeat and a few others.

Thank you for the Welcome-Back Fugita,hope
                                     to see you (Not on my tail! lol) in the un-friendly skies!

Since there's like a hundred-thousand "Wild-Bills",
                                     my squad leader hands me a piece of paper and says,
                                    "Heres your new nick,you earned it." Wrote it as, "Wyld Bill".

why dont you align your text like a normal person
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 09:21:46 PM »

Because Jim, I'm not normal,.....hey, refill my shot glass while your up.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 10:12:59 PM »

He is probably a writer for a greeting card company ... he can't help it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Capt.Joe

• Copper Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
                          hey, refill my shot glass while your up.
:rofl Pwned!
~*~Birds of Prey "MERLINS"~*~
________
[_|_,o[__]o,
[--|_|- OlllllO-

( )_) ( )_)-)_)
J

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 11:32:32 PM »
He is probably a writer for a greeting card company ... he can't help it.

Lmao, spam writer ?
now posting as SirNuke