Author Topic: V104 time and cupture  (Read 4868 times)

Offline **CLONE155**

• Zinc Member
Re: V104 time and cupture
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2008, 03:58:35 PM »
it sounds like the other squads stood a good fight with the enemy, and if it means anything, i hope you killed um all.

lol re read and it sounded like i said i hoped the enemy killed all of the C202s, i meant that i hope they killed all the enemys  :aok

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2008, 12:38:48 AM »
It has been a rather rough two weeks for me. I was not even in attendance for frames 2 and 3, so my knowledge of exactly what went on is limited.

I will say this, the CM Team is a volunteer group of people that HTC has given the keys to, for both of the SEA's, for the running of the AHSE's (Aces High Special Events). We are just regular people that have regular lives like everyone else. Meaning we do not always have the time to just sit in the SEA and try everything in advance to make sure there will be no problems. If any of you would like to start paying us for our time, I am sure that some of us could find more time to do testing of different things to make sure that there would be few problems during the events. But I am guessing there will be no takers for that. So you guys are stuck with what ever time we can find to do what we can.

Now, problems in FSO or any of the other events are few, when you consider the complexity of these events and all the time that goes into them. However, there are going to be times when things may go wrong. The most likely situation will be when we are trying something new, such as, base captures in FSO. I think it has been years since that has been used and the game has changed in many ways since then, so the Re-set caught us off guard. With more time and testing we might have been able to prevent this, please see my first paragraph.

We have had other problems in FSO in the past. I remember one time we had NO VOX in the SEA, so no verbal communication at all. Took us about 20 min and a couple of phone calls to get that one cleared up, but i don't remember any squads leaving because of it. That does not mean I have no understanding for a squad leaving to go to the MA because of a delay in the SEA for some type of problem. If you do not want to stick around for a few minutes to give us a chance to sort it out, we can't stop you from leaving, but you should expect a certain amount of flack for it from your fellow FSO squads. Why? well really that is what you should expect from FSO. Your squad is there as part of a team, a mission, a purpose. Your squad no matter how small, (insert patriotic music now) is part of a chain that is working together for that nights mission, and if you leave, for what ever reason, it is going to have an effect. But isn't that why almost 500 of you show up every Friday night? Because it DOSE matter if you or the other squads are there? After all if nobody cared whether or not your squad showed up for FSO, why even bother to attend? You can just go to the MA, right?

If you think that FSO is not being run well, how many times have you seen an organized (meaning everyone one has specific orders and AC to fly) mission involving 500 people in the MA? We do it 3 times a month in the SEA, with minimal problems. Hell you would be lucky to get 500 people in the MA at the same time, let alone organize them.

So in closing, I can understand why a squad might leave FSO for the night, considering what was happening. I can also understand why some of the other squads might be giving them some flak about it. And if I were the Lynchmob, I might be happy to see that people do care if we are there, and it might make me wait a few more minutes next time, so our piece of the chain is not broken.

So remember,

AHSE's = Currently the closest thing you are going to find to the real WWII Air combat experience. (even with it's flaws IMHO) :)

the MA = a bunch of people doing their own thing in WWII AC, also a good place to keep your ACM skills sharp for AHSE's :)
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline nikomon

• Copper Member
Re: V104 time and capture
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »
And lets get to where this problem started lynchmob. Here it is  you see the problem?
Now the allied guys lost the battle and were looking at the logs and saw your squad guy in GV, so they think my orders dedicated more players that i should with you numbers. And they are right EXCEPT YOUR 11-15 SQUAD WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. Even if it was 1 guy.
I would never have even said your squad name or even bring it up, if this issue didn't come up.
Also had to listen to the 2 other squads wench about you guys hanging them out to dry for 20 Min's after the frame.

Normally I dint care bout this watermelon but I was CIC that week, I put alot of time in the orders and squad placement as all CIC's do. I think it is disrepectful to the CIC when you dont follow the orders that they spent hours on making for the team, no matter if it was arena issue or any other issue. Now 2 weeks later I am still dealing with this/your problem.

NOTE: out of 50+ squads axis or allies your squad was the only one that didnt wanna wait 10 min (or the 1 hour you guys stated), maybe that says something i dont know. ACTION'S SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

MY point That I was trying to make is even if LM was not in a GV, There still would have been 3 more tigers that Sherman's. Since the Sherman's travel as fast as the tigers do , I think there should have been more shermans than tigers allowed. It is my opinion that the tiger has better Armour than the Sherman , thus having more Sherman's on the field would have allowed for a better GV fight especially in a long range engagement on the ground at Tunisia.Even at close range it took me two shots at 500k in the sherman to take down one tiger. I do believe that during WW2 the ratio of shermans to tigers was 8 to 1 effectively.Now with this sad lets take Lynchmob out of the equation there still would have been 28 GVs Axis to 25 Allied GVs . Regardless of what happened , I feel GVs made for an exciting FSO.Even tho my concerns of lopsided numbers has turned into a argument,it does NOT TAKE away the fun we"all 17 of my guys" had.Thank You all for showing up and CREATING something my guys Honor :aok  .

:salute , Nikolas

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:58:26 PM by nikomon »
"INTEGRITY is doing the right thing when no one else is watching."
Flying Since:Tour 87 4/2007
RT KOTH CHAMPION 2009-2010

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2008, 05:13:40 PM »
No need to be so bold  :rofl :rofl :rofl

Your thoughts and suggestions where read and I am very sure discussed amongst the FSO team.

Constructive and thoughtful observations and ideas are always welcome  :aok

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:18:54 PM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2008, 05:19:18 PM »
 double post   :o

Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »
The GV assignments from the axis were taken off of average players for each GV squad over the last few frames.  I tried to get a good number of those that were in attendance and could not for each squad.  The initial plan was to have somewhere around 30 - 33 or so GV's since we were told to have up to the low 30's.  If there would have been good comms with all of the GV CO's we could have moved a couple of people around.

Once again, predicting exact or close numbers in FSO is a tricky thing to do as it always is no matter what squad you assign to a certain mission.  One squad may show up this week or even tell you they're expecting 12 and show up with 16.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »
<snip>...I do believe that during WW2 the ratio of shermans to tigers was 8 to 1 effectively...

That's true, but those Shermans weren't much better then our AH2 M8s. It was the Allied artillery that won the day, and then only when it was used correctly.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2008, 03:03:15 AM »
Saying we leave other squads hanging is absolute BS we do what were told in there and like i said most of the time we get stuck flying at 25k looking for an enemy that isnt anywhere near us however the same squads week after week actualy get to fight the enemy in FSO sounds like a partisan schedule to me giveing the real missions to youre friends and leaveing us to patrol empty skies.

BINGO.......flew FSO 3 or 4 times in my life and it wasn't fun at all.

I guess the only fun I've ever had was watching a squaddie (after we deacked the base, which was not even defended) land on the enemy air base and kill the hangar by driving up to it.

Seriously, how do you guys decide who fly's what? Is it random?  Or is it the buddy system?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:05 AM »
BINGO.......flew FSO 3 or 4 times in my life and it wasn't fun at all.

I guess the only fun I've ever had was watching a squaddie (after we deacked the base, which was not even defended) land on the enemy air base and kill the hangar by driving up to it.

Seriously, how do you guys decide who fly's what? Is it random?  Or is it the buddy system?

Please read the sign TwentyFo.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2008, 05:02:08 AM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:04:44 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2008, 05:28:05 AM »
I must say for the most part I enjoy FSO. But it is not that important to me that I should have to sit here and read all the Crap from Chappy. If you have a problem with anyone in the LynchMob then take it up with that person or the CO and don't be such a d*ck and try to embarrass anyone in the open form.

The night we left FSO I personally felt that no one knew when the scenario was going to start. Some of us work on the weekends and if this thing isn't going to happen or it's open ended, I'm taken my bellybutton to bed. You got a problem with that you little a**hole?

Your organizational skills suck, and your people skills suck even harder. If you really want FSO to succeed, then get rid of your little power trip and do your G.D. job. If you truly are in charge of anything, then you need to behave a little more professionally in open forums and not instigate a riot against "anyone or any squad". So if you think you know anything about leadership, you'll conduct yourself accordingly. But I suspect you will only back with some kind of degrading comment towards me.

And to the CM's. Is this the kind of attitude and behavior you promote from the CiC's? This thread didn't even start out on the right foot and yet you allow Chappy to keep running his mouth. Does that say something about you? If this is as big a deal as Chappy feels it is, then please call me. You have my number in my account info. We can chat.

I think what bothers me the most is the way some of you have jumped on Chappys little bandwagon. Anyone who has winged up with the Mob knows better, and all I see is a bunch of brown nosing in the hopes of the uber ride for FSO. You guys make me sick.