Author Topic: bomber perk points  (Read 950 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: bomber perk points
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »
How many bomber perks do you have?  4k-6k? 

I another thread I also support formations of up to 5 planes.  With the option of how the formation...forms.  Also giving the option of how far away your drones are giving you max coverage or pin point drop.

Without going back into the game and checking, i have absolutley no idea how many perks I have for anything!

I really don't pay attention to that.

I also don't want you to get the idea that I think that your proposals are nessesarily wrong.

I just disagree with them.

Adding a few more perked bombers to the existing formations might be kinda cool, but I agree that there would be problems with the accuracy element etc.

But perking the existing formations shouldn't be called for, considering most bombers I've seen (and flown) couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Thats just my humble opinion. And I  :salute yours.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 08:23:15 PM »
 :salute back at ya!  Also it wouldn't be 100 perks per bomber but more like 7-8 for heavies and 3-4 for the med.  not much really.  But I can agree to disagree :devil
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 10:56:23 PM »
The thing that puzzles me is why there is so much aversion to perking when there is almost nothing to spend bomber perks on.  When we suggest perking formations, we aren't saying make them super expensive.  3-5 perks per drone would be totally reasonable and almost negligible, but it would drastically change how drones are used in the game.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 05:47:16 AM »
The solution is simple. Model another perked bomber and dont allow dive bombing in historically level bombers.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 07:31:42 AM »
The solution is simple. Model another perked bomber and dont allow dive bombing in historically level bombers.

Yep, that would be the answer to the lankstuka issue... Being as lanks were
well known for shedding wings when carrying supermax fuel and ord loads, and
forced into violent maneuvers to dodge radar directed searchlights...
But for our ingame lanks, this is not a factor at all... Rediculous, and silly too!!!

Divebombing GV's in lanks??? Just dont allow the kills into score... That would be a start...

There is precedent in the game for this...
Example; When in bomber mode, Boston/A20 does not record kills for noseguns...
Buffer says, "so and so, landed ??? victories", but kills don't appear on bomber score...
LOL, and the wings come off, when hit by birdpoops...LOL!!!!

Actually, the REAL fix would be to correct the missmodeling of Lank/B24 wings...
(the b24's davis wing was very fragile too)

I can hear it now... "This is a game, not reality"!!!
Well that is OBVIOUS, when we all see a vic of lanks doing screaming barrel rolls, split/s's
and immelmann turns, while packin full maxy bombloads... And never loose their drones either...
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

Its just stupid, and goofy...

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »
When you take up a bomber with the two drones, Perk each additional drone, say 200 each up to 8.... So you can have multiple drones......  :rock

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 09:13:41 PM »
Could you imagine 5-6 sets of 8 bomber formations...oh man.  They could just line up wing tip to wing tip and carpet bomb a base and kill everything.  Ack, hangers, fuel, ammo, radar, and the town.  Only a fool would attack even a single player with 8 birds.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 09:47:12 AM »
...There was talk at one time about perking ord. I liked the idea then and still thinks it's a good idea.
The grand slam bomb, bouncing betty, incendiary bombs......all worth spending perks on and would be historically correct. :salute
I have to disagree with everything stated above except for the incendiary bombs. All the other bombs pass the 4,000 pound limit set by HTC for ordnance. The incendiary bomb would be historical, and could be produced within the 4,000 pound limit.

Hooray for perked incendiary ordnance! :aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 11:08:59 AM »
Divebombing GV's in lanks??? Just dont allow the kills into score... That would be a start...

GV kills do not improve your bomber score. Only damage to structures has any influence on score & rank calculations. Bombing GVs actually hurts your bomber score. Less damage per sortie, less damage hit percentage and quite often less damage per kill.too
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Cipher77

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »
Perk each additional drone, say 200 each up to 8.... So you can have multiple drones...... 

GEEZ 8 drones its like a flying CV group. all them guns. well IT WOULD... help against 262's and 163's. in 17's 2 tail and usually 2(ball or top) guns x8 =
32 50s shootin back. I totally  :salute that +1
proud  member of III/JG2

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 11:52:59 AM »
How many bomber perks do you have?  4k-6k? 

I another thread I also support formations of up to 5 planes.  With the option of how the formation...forms.  Also giving the option of how far away your drones are giving you max coverage or pin point drop.

I like this the best.  I like the idea of forming up more drones.  I think you should still get your three.  Beyond that, you can add drones up to 2 more for a total of 5 bombers.  I REALLY like the idea of adjusting your distance.

Since this game is about Air Combat, bombers should have a little more at their disposal.  I know the fighter guys are going to say no way because they think this game is all about them,  :rofl, but it is not,  :O,.  I like these ideas too, for when one side is outnumbered.  It gives a few defenders more at their disposal.  It could also be, that as eny changes so too changes how many or how less drones you have available.

What's more is this will give the B-29 argument a rest.  As much as I am in favor for a B29.  I heard that HTC will have to adjust runways for the 29 and that is the main reason we will never see it.

Anywho, just take 5 Lancs and the 2000 lb load.  That will fix about anything!   :D  Multiplied by 5 players.

I think the extra drones should be well perked.  I fly the 234 often.  I do think twice about my approach, fuel, enemy in the area etc.  This is how it should be. 

So all in all I think these are great ideas as well!!      :aok