Author Topic: Map Re-set... FIX IT!  (Read 1320 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Map Re-set... FIX IT!
« on: October 20, 2008, 11:41:40 AM »
[ :cry ]

What's up with these stupid map re-sets anyway?  I mean the way they are handled after the war is won.

Here's what brings it up:  Last night I had about a hour and a half or two hours to play.  During that time i decided to take a set of AR234's on a strategic bombing mission.  I got to and dropped on my target and had a great drop.  One of my best.  I turned for home and was on final approach when the Bish won the war.

Here's the first stupid thing:  The base I'm about to land at changes from Bish to Knight.  Who's brilliant idea was that?  I was just lucky I wasn't touching down or the ack would have lit up and I would have lost the perks for 3 AR234's.  KEEP THE BASE OWNERSHIP THE SAME AS THEY WERE JUST BEFORE THE MAP WAS WON!

OK, so back to my story...  So the base I'm approaching changes.  The one just to the North is still Bish, so I turn and hightail it north on the deck.  I'm watching the minutes count down.  4 minutes to re-set... 3 minutes to re-set... 2 minutes to re-set... I can see the field.  I slip those 234's hard trying to get them to slow from full speed in almost no distace... 1 minute to re-set... I'm down to flap speed lined up on the runway... Host Connection Lost!

Now, I have to say that in the past I have used this to my advantage to just stay in flight if I hadn't recorded a kill so that the sortie wouldn't count against my K/D, K/S, etc.  I've also found places to ditch when I knew I couldn't get "home" (whatever that means when all the frigging bases are changing from one country to another) so that I'd get full credit for the sortie in terms of K/D, K/S, etc. with just a minimal reduction in kill points, but those were always in fighters.  I wasn't about to ditch 3 AR234's and lose the perks last night.

So in the end, I spent almost an hour in flight and my sortie counted for 0, as if it never happened because I was still in flight when the map re-set.  That was over half my available gametime for the night lost.  There has to be a better way to allocate this stuff when the map is re-set; Give everone credit for a landing.  Allocate based on a player's camp history relative to landings, deaths, etc.  Anything but nothing!  My vote goes for GIVE EVERYONE CREDIT FOR A LANDING.

[ /  :cry ]
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
Re: Map Re-set... FIX IT!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:55:37 AM »
i dont think you lose perks if your in flight and the map changes
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 11:57:59 AM »
Don't fly on a map when the odds are greatly against you.  However frustrating this might have been for you, there are plenty of arenas to choose from.

I have been in your position before and lost perks, etc.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 11:58:39 AM »
i dont think you lose perks if your in flight and the map changes

I know that.  The point is I lost an hour of play for nothing.

maybe one way to deal with it is anyone who's been on the same sortie for over 30 minutes (or some set amount of time) gets credited with a landing.  That would take care of the buffers and those who are on a roll continuously re-arming.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 12:00:39 PM »
You should be glad you werent on the rearm pad of one of those fields.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »
Lets get rid of the 'war win' altogether and scoring of any kind.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 12:06:56 PM »
Lets get rid of the 'war win' altogether and scoring of any kind.

:aok  i concur
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline NotEnemyPlane

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »
Yeah I know how you feel. I was on a bombing run and had spent what seemed like forever and about 1 minute from target, map changed, max number of players went from like 400 to 100 and I got kicked out. That is a gross oversight by the devs and I hope it is addressed soon. Please give some kind of 30 minute warning timer or something before kicking me out so I don't waste my time.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 12:10:14 PM »
Did you have fun during your hour in the bombers?  That's all that counts, score is secondary to having fun (at least most people think so).  Sorry you didn't get anything added to your score (but I bet you did, just not maximum perkies or anything).

Map resets are the way they are...no use whining about it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 12:13:18 PM »
Fly offline, I've never seen a war won yet there.  You say you've taken advantage of it before and now it 'hurt' so it evened out.
It's your choice to change the hour you flew from 'fun time' to a 'waste of time' on your perception of how it ended. Maybe the perception needs adjustment.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 12:14:02 PM »
Yeah I know how you feel. I was on a bombing run and had spent what seemed like forever and about 1 minute from target, map changed, max number of players went from like 400 to 100 and I got kicked out. That is a gross oversight by the devs and I hope it is addressed soon. Please give some kind of 30 minute warning timer or something before kicking me out so I don't waste my time.

Everyone gets kicked off during a map change.
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline NotEnemyPlane

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 12:15:30 PM »
Honestly flying a bomber is only fun as you drop your eggs and try to get home. I don't think most people have fun climbing for like 30 minutes just to have a message that says host disconnected or whatever. The game is pretty fun but I think that could be tweaked a bit.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 12:19:23 PM »
If you are climbing for 30 minutes, you won't see any action.

If you're going to bomb an airfield at 20k, you might as well do it offline. No living opponent will bother you at that height.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline NotEnemyPlane

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 12:21:29 PM »
I guess I am really really unlucky then. I must have a sign all the way up to 20k that says free target practice lol

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »
Would this have anything to do with score or points?   :confused:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.