Author Topic: Rudders-use off  (Read 590 times)

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
Rudders-use off
« on: October 26, 2008, 03:06:21 PM »
Hey guys (S)
Finding that when I use rudders to try and bring the nose on for a snapshot, I sort of end up with the nose pitching down and then the plane starts to shake, obvously this is not what should be happening :)
Any ideas? advice etc?
Thanks fellas :aok
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Rudders-use off
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 03:08:16 PM »
Really, the only way to fix that is to get rudder pedals, or just be more careful not to do it. :(

Pedals are great BTW.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 03:57:03 PM »
Tell us what kind of equipment you have.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 04:02:35 PM »
Tell us what kind of equipment you have.
The trusty ol' Saitek 52 :)
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 04:47:17 PM »
That's a twisty stick, right?  If you input enough rudder, it should start a stall.  Maybe your problem is that too much rudder is being inputted for only slight twists?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 05:05:43 PM »
rudder + elevators = snap roll/accelerated stalls. Both a blessing or a curse depending how you use them. One thing Blukitty told me once that helped was that you should not let the spring 'reset' the rudder, always actively move the rudder back to neutral with as definite a hand movement as you applied it with.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 06:05:52 PM »
It sounds to me like you are already near a stall and appying rudder tips you over the edge.  Don't use rudder unless you have a bit more speed or unless you're headed downhill to begin with.  Using rudder creates extra drag.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like be a bit more gentle and have a bit more speed, will try that in an hour or so when I log on, if you see a nit 109 bringing it's nose on to you then flipping over and spiralling down. Then it'll probably be me!
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz