Author Topic: Massive Multiplayer?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: Massive Multiplayer?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 06:50:33 PM »
yawn
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 06:56:47 PM »
i know if you trying eventually youll get in, but sometime the numbers are screwed up, ill see say 120/100

so i go to the other main, jump back out to try to get in and now the numbers are like

130/100 

i dont get it? how did the 10 more get in, if the max number hasnt changed?

defanitly can suk when you know your squadies are in the arena that is over full.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 07:03:45 PM »
i know if you trying eventually youll get in, but sometime the numbers are screwed up, ill see say 120/100

so i go to the other main, jump back out to try to get in and now the numbers are like

130/100 

i dont get it? how did the 10 more get in, if the max number hasnt changed?

It had changed, for a short time that is. You just didn't notice nit being in the other arena.

It's very simple. Lets say that the Blue threshold at which Orange will step up again is 105 players, and currently numbers are 120/100 (Orange) and 104/150 (Blue). You got to Blue, 105 players are reached, Orange cap goes up and players fresh loggin on rush into Orange:  130/200 - 105/150. You decide to get out of Blue, player # in Blue thus drops back to 104, being under the threshold for orange and caps in orange goes back: 130/100 - 104/150

Just remember: Orange cap is a result of number of players in Blue, Blue cap is result of number of players in Orange.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 07:03:46 PM »
If I can't get into the arena I want, or if I can't find a fight, then I just go do something else for 10-20 minutes. Usually works all the time.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 07:07:35 PM »

It had changed, for a short time that is. You just didn't notice nit being in the other arena.

It's very simple. Lets say that the Blue threshold at which Orange will step up again is 105 players, and currently numbers are 120/100 (Orange) and 104/150 (Blue). You got to Blue, 105 players are reached, Orange cap goes up and players fresh loggin on rush into Orange:  130/200 - 105/150. You decide to get out of Blue, player # in Blue thus drops back to 104, being under the threshold for orange and caps in orange goes back: 130/100 - 104/150

Just remember: Orange cap is a result of number of players in Blue, Blue cap is result of number of players in Orange.

:P

:uhoh

:pray

:furious

:mad:

:eek:

:angel:

:salute

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 07:46:23 PM »

(Ducks and holds ears as "Ack-Ack" targets and destroys yet another)

RRWyld45  1138th "Rough Riders" Bomber Wing

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:16:48 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »
... my squaddies were trapped in there without me...

It must have been terrible for them.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 06:44:49 AM »
I’ll go against the grain here… But I agree that arena caps (during non-peak hours) that force you onto deserted maps is annoying.

Perhaps the original post was done in a confrontational method… But the message is valid. There is no need to spend 20 minutes trying to get into an arena that contains enough players to make it interesting, when there are less than 200 players combined in both of the LWMAs.

My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 07:03:44 AM »
lets not beat the poor dead horse anymore  :)

The caps are in place to get 2 arenas up and running to promote fairer gameplay for everybody.  The way they are set at the moment usually gets the second arena populated within an hour.   If you happen to login during this period and can't get in to the first arena I suggest doing something else for an hour or getting online earlier. 

I would class massively multiplayer as 50 + guys in one room.  I agree it does suck when it is a very large map with not many people in the room this can be boring.  You could maybe DA for an hour and improve your flying ability with somebody better than yourself.

The other option is to have one main arena again and when it fills up to 500 guys, disco everybody with 2 new arenas set at /250 each.  Now that would be even more annoying because people will moan about how the war was just about to be won.  :D

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 07:28:06 AM »
There is a way to complain and a way to do it incorrectly.

Guess which one this person did...
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »
The only thing that bugs me is not being able to get back into an arena after a boot or a game freeze. Ever since the last patch, AH likes to freeze during arena loading, sometimes during flight. It is so frustrating to finally get into an arena, just to have the whole game dump out and then have to start all over again. I think there should be a 5 minute timer on people who get dumped, so they can come back into the arena they were booted from.