Author Topic: vista  (Read 635 times)

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
vista
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »
I recently bought a new computer and even installed a 9400 video card.  Unfortunratly it came with windows Vista.  Aces high is now a collection of warps at the most inopertune times.  Even Gv warp a little.  does anyone else have problems have vista? if so, how did you fix them???

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
Re: vista
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 08:46:32 PM »
I have vista home premium, it works way better than my old xp. I have never had a problem yet. 20-30 more fps, and no warps freezes in sight. I am no computer expert so I don't know why your experiencing any problems.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 09:05:23 PM »
I had a lot of problems with this tryed a lot of things but the thing that worked best was changing the priority of aces high alt ctrl del start task manager right click aces high exe in process list and set priority to high. I'm pretty sure you have to do this every time you restart the game hope this helps.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »
Check the tech support forum,Skuzzy has a great rundown on vista and tips for reducing needless programs and features.Vista is a resource hog so shutting down needless things will only help your machine run better.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 11:32:01 PM »
running Vista64, no issues.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 02:59:43 AM »
Vista 64 best performance across the board in flight sims FPSs and CAD too.

Try AlacrityPC and see if your performance doesnt improve (see Hardware/Software forum).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 05:45:12 AM »
I run vista home basic and have no problems at all. 75fps
JaCkRiPr

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 06:21:15 AM »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:43:17 AM »
I run vista home basic and have no problems at all. 75fps
Same here :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 10:47:05 AM »
Vista definitely has issues. If you not able to go back to XP Pro then go to Hardware Software forum to get your fixes. Pyro is only too glad to assist you.

My most problematice machines at my shop are vistas. Once you turn all the garbage off they get a little more inline and almost run as fast as the Xp machines.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 03:15:19 PM »
I recently bought a new computer and even installed a 9400 video card.  Unfortunratly it came with windows Vista.  Aces high is now a collection of warps at the most inopertune times.  Even Gv warp a little.  does anyone else have problems have vista? if so, how did you fix them???

Have you set your Sound Acceleration to 3/4?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Kitt18

• Zinc Member
      • 337th Black Sheep TFS
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 03:33:27 PM »

1. Open AH2 properties. Check "Run as Administrator"
2. If your new system came with Antivirus, make sure that the "Auto Check for Updates" is set for a time that you rarely/never play. Or disable entirely.
3. Open your Task Manager, shut down any unnecessary processes.
4. Make extremely tight fists, look towards ceiling, lean back in chair...scream "DAMN YOU BILL GATES, WHY, FOR THE LOVE OF <insert omnipitent being of choice here> WHY??"

Just a few tips that helped me out.

337th Black Sheep TFS

"Kitt, you got 2 Spits and a high Hurri on you. Let me know if u get in trouble"...sprkplg

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »
 Vista has no sound acceleration.....doesn't use direct sound.

I also use vista home pre.64. 4 gigs of ram and my machine runs 60fps even when plane limit is exceeded.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 07:55:42 PM »
i have vista on my laptop (only thing to game on, brother is a desk-top-nazi...) and i get the warps a little with a FPS of 40+ constant (except when bro has like 10 internet windows open, i just disco then). im lookin around for a spare of Windows XP for my laptop, im just dreading the backing up of files id have to do if i need to do anything. anyone have a spare Windows XP program hanging around thats still useful?
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 09:59:33 AM »
1st the 9400 is a fairly low end card overall. Did you add this card after market or was it an option on a Dell or other machine?

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson