Author Topic: Another annoying question  (Read 1037 times)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
Re: Another annoying question
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 03:12:29 AM »
Ever worked in a liquor store at 10am on a saturday morning? I was getting paid to point out how silly your question was.

Perhaps you should check your stats before you go giving me watermelon about being wrapped up in this game.

You have, so far, over 38 hours logged in the Late War Arena for this month. I have less than 14 hours.

You have played nearly 3 times longer than I have this month. Better luck next time, wise guy.

Well I don't really see what my playing for an hour and a half or so at night has to do with my asking a question on a BBS intended to ask game relevant questions on.

Nor do I see how my spending 38hours 52minutes and 29seconds playing a game that I am paying for makes me less than you in some manner. I see it as I am getting 2.785 times more for my money than you are. (I rounded up to 39hours, hope you don't mind. I also took you at your word that you only played 14 hours, I don't care that much about you to look it up). The point to my statement had nothing to do with stats, it was directed towards the absurdity of someone who is so glued to a game that not only do they waste time giving stupid and wannabe sarcastic answers to questions because they feel they have to say something, they have to pretend some form of cartoon superiority exists, but that they would do so on a phone because they are not even at home to use their computer.

But I should realize that someone who spends their time trolling threads instead of getting the most use out of a service they are paying for must be so much smarter than me.

In case you really wanted to know, I have never worked in a liquor store at 10 in the morning. I have never had a job even closely related to being a stock boy or store clerk. But have you ever driven 300 miles at night through an ice storm to tow an elderly woman home because if you didn't do it she would be stranded? No? Well when I worked nights towing I spent alot of time getting paid to have sex with my girlfriend, for hanging out at clubs, for watching movies for doing anything I wanted to do as long as I answered my phone. Yes I can even recall hours spent getting paid to play Aces High II. Did you ever do any of those? No? But I guess all of that is about as relevant to this conversation or the question I asked, as your job is.

Don't ever make the mistake of being judgmental of me. I may not know all of the reasons why they do the things they do in cartoon land, and I may never work on a Saturday morning at a liquor store, but I am more than certain that there are many things that I have seen and done that you will never accomplish.

Now that we have both prooven our ability to be jerks, I say <Salute> and have a good night.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 03:19:00 AM »
Any moron with a dictionary can spell correctly, especially when they have a spell checker.

I did not spell any words incorrectly, I simply did not correctly push the buttons on the touch screen. 

In any case, if all you've got to argue with is the fact that I missed a couple of letters and typed a 'v' instead of a 'g', you're on very weak ground.

I am also surprised that you're arguing that poor grammar is in some way a lesser issue than correct spelling when you get it out of an automatic spell checker.

You're clutching at straws just for the sake of it, stop being such a princess.

You know I didnt even see this one until I posted the other one. But whatever, same same.

Guess your the only idiot without a dictionary or able to use something as simple as spell checker.

Tag your it

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline henchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »
It makes me laugh that Flotsom hijacked his own thread. :lol
71 Squadron RAF

(Crazy Gang) R.I.P.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 08:40:24 PM »
It was directed towards the absurdity of someone who is so glued to a game that not only do they waste time giving stupid and wannabe sarcastic answers to questions because they feel they have to say something, they have to pretend some form of cartoon superiority exists, but that they would do so on a phone because they are not even at home to use their computer.

But I should realize that someone who spends their time trolling threads instead of getting the most use out of a service they are paying for must be so much smarter than me.

I don't know how clear I can make this.... it seems that it might not be possible to make it clear enough for you. I will try one more time, though. I work in a liquor store because I am a full time student. My job is perfect because it allows me to catch up on extra study during quite periods such as Saturday mornings. As I had no study to do and I left my current book at home, I passed the time by checking a couple of forums. Your (note proper use of the possessive pronoun) last comment is entirely redundant. Who plays AH at work? I don't feel the need to play unless I'm relaxing at home with a couple of beers. $15 a month is not enough to concern myself with 'value for money', anyway.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that you asked an incredibly juvenile question and received a due answer.

Don't ever make the mistake of being judgmental of me. I may not know all of the reasons why they do the things they do in cartoon land, and I may never work on a Saturday morning at a liquor store, but I am more than certain that there are many things that I have seen and done that you will never accomplish.

What, like drive a tow-truck?  :lol

You know I didnt even see this one until I posted the other one. But whatever, same same.

Guess your the only idiot without a dictionary or able to use something as simple as spell checker.

Tag your it

FLOTSOM

Astute observation! As I stated earlier, I was on a phone at work and, in fact, did not have access to a dictionary or spell checker.

I thought I would save the best part until last......

Now that we have both prooven our ability to be jerks, I say <Salute> and have a good night.

FLOTSOM

Hahahahaha  :rofl Someone once pointed out to me that spell check is free.  :lol

Ok, I am finished being a avacado now and you're right, we have both proven that we are adept at being jerks. <Salute> Flotsom, no hard feelings and perhaps I'll catch you in-game.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
You're right.  That was an annoying question.   :D
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 10:39:31 PM »
I don't know how clear I can make this.... it seems that it might not be possible to make it clear enough for you. I will try one more time, though. I work in a liquor store because I am a full time student. My job is perfect because it allows me to catch up on extra study during quite periods such as Saturday mornings. As I had no study to do and I left my current book at home, I passed the time by checking a couple of forums. Your (note proper use of the possessive pronoun) last comment is entirely redundant. Who plays AH at work? I don't feel the need to play unless I'm relaxing at home with a couple of beers. $15 a month is not enough to concern myself with 'value for money', anyway.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that you asked an incredibly juvenile question and received a due answer.

What, like drive a tow-truck?  :lol

Astute observation! As I stated earlier, I was on a phone at work and, in fact, did not have access to a dictionary or spell checker.

I thought I would save the best part until last......

Hahahahaha  :rofl Someone once pointed out to me that spell check is free.  :lol

Ok, I am finished being a avacado now and you're right, we have both proven that we are adept at being jerks. <Salute> Flotsom, no hard feelings and perhaps I'll catch you in-game.

I was so hoping the PROOVEN wouldn't go unnoticed!!!!  :aok spell checker wont accept "proven" as the correct spelling :huh. thought you would notice and check it. I found it funny in the context of our conversation.  :rofl

take it easy and ill see you in the arenas!

<SALUTE>

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 01:00:04 AM »
let us see now, "You're" is short for you are, seems spell checker has no issue with it.

a capital "Y" at the beginning of a sentence.......hhhhmmmmmmmmmm m? seems to me i kinda remember someone once telling me that capital letters are suppose to be used at the beginning of a sentence.

excessive exclamation points? oops guess i fail Aces High Bulletin Board grammar 101.

Capital "T" once again found at the beginning of a sentence, and oh no! yep, your right, there it is. A DAMN PERIOD AT THE END OF A SENTANCE!!! How pathetically heathen of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!would that be too many?)

I do not see a grammar checker on the screen, but i do see a spell checker.

Maybe you should try taking English as at least a third or fourth language before you take it upon yourself to critique in a conversation that you are not a part of.

Maybe the sentence is not perfect, but at least the words are spelled correctly.

Is it not also proper that when you are quoting the words of another to put those quoted words inside quotation marks? Would it not be plagiarism if you don't give some form of acknowledgement or credit to the original author? Unless that is, you were the originator of the expression "He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones". Confucius. is that you?

Oh, and as a side question. When you are describing an action you are taking within a sentence, is it not proper English to begin that sentence with "I am"? Or are we the reader suppose to guess who was "Just going to take this moment..."

"....are also weak.? hhhmmmmmmmmmmmm, yet again I believe your English may be a little askew. I was pointing out the fault of another not my own. I believe that the definition of "are also" in the text of your sentence as written would be "in addition to". The spelling found within my text is correct, so the reference i made to spell checker obviously could not be "in addition to "issues with my grammar and punctuation. Making your sentence an incorrect an inaccurate observation.

"I" just hope you are not a teacher somewhere.

FLOTSOM
Flotsom, just FYI, he was using red text to correct the mistakes in your sentence, not to merely point them out.
Look at his post an then your original.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 06:02:45 AM »
Flotsom, just FYI, he was using red text to correct the mistakes in your sentence, not to merely point them out.
Look at his post an then your original.

:rofl
 :rofl :rofl
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
 :rofl :rofl
 :rofl

ya know i didnt even look, DUH!!!!!!

Ok so I hope he IS an English teacher  :aok

<SALUTE>

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »
I once got a pilot wound in a tank. It was one of my first adventures in a tank. I was playing around with the seating position trying to see better out the slit in the front. I used the arrow key to move way up close to the slot and said wow this is better. About that time a spit came in from the front and pinged the tank giving me a pilot wound. That was annoying!  :mad: I'm not sure if you can get a pilot wound any more or not.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline FireDragon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »
If someone joins your tank and they are in say the pintel gun position...and take a hit do they get killed or just booted from the tank.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »
This was the strangest thread I have read in a while.  Highly confusing and entertaining at the same time.  I'm so glad you guys made up.   :D
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 08:03:32 PM »
 :furious 

Well,,, um,, eh,,, ta,,, dont take that.... hit em,,,, yeah hit em..... :lol :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »
This was the strangest thread I have read in a while.  Highly confusing and entertaining at the same time.  I'm so glad you guys made up.   :D

Well Solar if prison taught me nothing else, it taught me that the group hug in the gang showers after the arguments were what made the long days endurable!!!!  :D

hey, they said it didn't count when your in jail!!!  :(

prisoners wouldn't lie!  ;)

would they? :huh

ummm....well....ahhhh.....

never mind

lets just forget i mentioned it, OK? :aok
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 07:19:28 AM »
I didn't think the thread was weird until juusssstttt then.  :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh

:lol
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"