Author Topic: What about this?  (Read 372 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
What about this?
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
I was in the DA flying along over Furball Lake in my F/A-18 this weekend asking if anyone good wanted to fight me when I met a co-alt Shark with a frikkin’ lazer beam on his head. 

We didn’t even go two turns when he went vertical and I dove after him.  He had given up most of his E and easily pulled out near the deck as I pulled excessive G’s slamming into the ground.  I told him that he was a cheat and no one fights like that in the DA.  He told me to go read a book.

After reading a book I came back and ran into him again.  I was feeling quite confident having read Mary Poppins so as soon as we merged, I popped my umbrella so I’d float to the ground without augering.   He pulled up, looped over on top of me and filled my umbrella with holes.  He actually collided with me before he got the kill and didn’t even suffer any damage.  I told him he was lucky he was laggy or I would have got the kill.  What a haxxor!

He then suggested I read a different book on basic flight maneuvers.  Basic?  Basic?  I’m advanced dude!  I’m an imaginary Marine in a F/A-18 and you’re just a Shark with a frikkin lazer beam on your head.  I can land and take off and I know all about the Mary Poppins maneuver!  I’m outta here!

So, I went to the MA where I was practicing rolling scissors with GV’s when who do I run into?  Mr. Frikkin Shark!  That’s who.  I actually am pretty sure Mr. Shark is actually SeaBass.  Everyone knows he's a Tuna and I was tired of taking his Carp.  Of course, as soon as I tried to roll under the GV he killed me again.

Thanks for reading.  I just thought the BBs needed a positive post this morning.

Any similarities in the above to real people or events are purely coincidental.  The OP assumes no liability for slander or defamation of character.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: What about this?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:41:21 AM »
When flying a shark, always remember to check your tail.

Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »
 :rofl
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 11:45:29 AM »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 11:46:49 AM »
Still think HT ought to have given the shark a "bite" -- a second weapon with 1000 damage and a range of 50 meters, with shark jaw animation reaching out to chomp the bad guys.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »
F-15C would have beat him  :lol

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »
It's a joke that the Spitfire MK XIV is perked and planes like the Shark with Friggin' Laser Beams isn't perked.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 03:06:33 PM »
When flying a shark, always remember to check your tail.

:rofl
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rockdog

• Copper Member
      • http://www.348thfightergroup.com/
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 04:32:02 PM »
The shark is perked. It just doesn't show up in your list until you have over 500K perkies in a PT boat (thats how much it costs, and you don't get them back for landing it). Got to have a something for the die hard fans to look forward to. Let the perk hording begin!!!!! Sharks with frickin laser beams!!!! I love it!

:noid
http://www.348thfightergroup.com/
a.k.a. Raji (Warbirds 1994-99)
a.k.a. Rockdog (1999-2002)
a.k.a. Hayduke (2002-04)
a.k.a. Rockdog (2004-Current)