Author Topic: The MA Mentality...  (Read 3076 times)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Re: The MA Mentality...
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »
The ability to switch gameplans and recover from tactical mistakes is something that is tough to learn.  I have a whole bag of tricks to use when I'm fighting from an energy disadvantage, but I think Drex is the master at that sort of thing.

Good gunnery also helps, because when you're at an energy disadvantage you often only have fleeting snapshots at a receding target.  That is also difficult to learn and having a joystick you are very comfortable with can be crucial.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »
That was my biggest probelm, when fighting anybody, gunnery skills. When I fought Grizz the other night, he told me somthing, that realy helped out. He showed me were I should set my convergences on all planes, and right now, it works realy well.
Thanks Grizz :D
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2008, 11:21:26 AM »
That was my biggest probelm, when fighting anybody, gunnery skills. When I fought Grizz the other night, he told me somthing, that realy helped out. He showed me were I should set my convergences on all planes, and right now, it works realy well.
Thanks Grizz :D

WELLLLLLL??????

Seriously, where do you set em right now? i've got em at 400-450 on the hellkitty, all the way out on the 38, 450 i think in the spits, and 250 in the zekes.

that said, my gunnery sucks, as does my ability to void the ho......what used to work doesn't anymore it seems.
 as for gunnery, i do ok sorta if i don't have time to aim....like in snapshots.....if i have time to try n line up my target.......well......if he had a biiiig bullseye painted on his arse, i couldn't hit him.   :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2008, 02:19:48 PM »
Your close on what I have it. I don't want to give much away, but if you see me on, PM me. :)
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »
Your close on what I have it. I don't want to give much away, but if you see me on, PM me. :)

IS BOSCO  your ingame id too?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »
cc Bosco.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »

There is a difference between hitting and actually doing damage.  Maybe your setting helps you get hits, but in a DA engagement most shots you will take will be at D200 or less.  Guess what convergence setting will do most damage.

I think it should be set to where you will take most shots.  If you are chasing runners in the MA 400 and 600 may make sense but if you get into a close fight, you will not be able to do damage in a snapshot.  So, find th magic number based on how you play the game. There is no one fits all number.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2008, 09:38:42 AM »
I think it should be set to where you will take most shots.  If you are chasing runners in the MA 400 and 600 may make sense but if you get into a close fight, you will not be able to do damage in a snapshot.  So, find th magic number based on how you play the game. There is no one fits all number.

shhhhh....  let bosco feel super secret important.
 :noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2008, 09:42:44 AM »

What works for one may not work for another, but even so, I don't understand a statement like this.  "You don't want to give too much away", are you afraid the "enemy" may use this information to take over your country, destroy your way of life, rape your sheep ! Come on, spill the beans and let other give it a shot, you may be helping somebody decide to stay in the game because they are having a bit more fun scoring hits.  :aok

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2008, 03:19:17 PM »
What works for one may not work for another, but even so, I don't understand a statement like this.  "You don't want to give too much away", are you afraid the "enemy" may use this information to take over your country, destroy your way of life, rape your sheep ! Come on, spill the beans and let other give it a shot, you may be helping somebody decide to stay in the game because they are having a bit more fun scoring hits.  :aok

:rolf NEVER!!! :D I rape your sheep all I want to, and there is nothing you can do to stop me :P.
 It may not work, but when I know that when your D400 or D200 on a con and when the only thing you have to do is wait for someone to end stright in your crosshairs, its pretty much the easiest thing in the world. I'm still getting used to it, because I had it set to default convergences, I had to use a lot of lead to kill someone. Now, its just point and click.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine