Author Topic: Very pixelated  (Read 410 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Very pixelated
« on: October 29, 2008, 01:17:35 PM »
I was just wanting to get some advice from you on the types of codec you use for your films. When I try to make them I have a large pixelated film. As an idea of what they look like, the squares you see on my disco ball is about the size of them. I have tried different compressions, resolution sizes but alas the nice free flowing textured films some of you produce eludes me.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Re: Very pixelated
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:14:16 PM »
When you are recording in the Film Viewer, is your graphics card on full? I take off (un-check) the fancy stuff like Anti-Ailising, etc when I fly. But When I go to record footage, I ramp everything on my Graphics card up, increasing the quality of the shots...

Something else may be the size of film you are recording with fraps (in the Film Viewer), and later, increasing the size of the film in your editor (assuming your not using WMM). That will make a film more pixelated.

Hope this help a little. Need a little more info on how you're making/editing your films.
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »
I just use the generic AH film to record and try to put to avi from there. I don't have fraps. The graphics card I use is at middle of the road settings and I don't play about with that side of things. When I take screen shots from film viewer they to come out nice and crisp (not sure if that has any relevance). I pretty much am only windows media. Do you think I need to get some other maker programme. I do have other forms of media for changing formats but only once it is out of AHF format.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
www.Fraps.com

It's free, and a quick DL... 

I think the Avi files are not as crisp as your screenies, b/c of the way the avi files are made (Within the FV). I could be wrong, I've never tried that way. I've always used fraps... Try it and see if your fraps files are better than the FV .avi files. LMK if you need some help, feel free to PM.

<S>

Mathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 09:30:24 PM »
Alright I'll do that then. Cheers Mathis.