Author Topic: Pilot weight modelled?  (Read 653 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Re: Pilot weight modelled?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 05:04:56 PM »
Figure 160-200 lbs per guy plus 100 lbs avg for a combat load.  They don't jump over the buildings, they beat gravity into submission and step over them.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 05:05:56 PM »
If they had any gear, they wouldn't be able to jump over 20ft buildings.

Or maybe the amount of gear they carry means that they can only jump over 20ft buildings  :noid
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 06:06:35 PM »
However --

We can all relax. Fortunately HiTech made the design decision to place an arbitrary simulated weight for the pilot --- and to NOT use the actual weight of the average AH pilot!

If our real weights were used, a single pilot "fighter" might need all for Cyclones on a B17, just to get off the ground!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 08:11:54 PM »
150 lbs would not be an uncommon body weight for the 40s. Lots of guys were unreal skinny back then.

My Dad was 6'5" his Senior year in High School and weighed 170 lbs.

Nowadays, it is not uncommon to see 16 year olds who are `6' and weigh ~200 lbs arena, even without being obese.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 08:18:40 PM »
150 lbs would not be an uncommon body weight for the 40s. Lots of guys were unreal skinny back then.

My Dad was 6'5" his Senior year in High School and weighed 170 lbs.

Nowadays, it is not uncommon to see 16 year olds who are `6' and weigh ~200 lbs arena, even without being obese.

Add 100 - 140 or more lbs for a combat load and you will see my point.  Pilot is less than a grunt but probably still 30-50 lbs if you include the chute etc.