Author Topic: All this talk about the crappy HE-111  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: All this talk about the crappy HE-111
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2008, 10:03:16 AM »
No, you're not going to see more people in EW or MW no matter what you do.  It's easier to get kills with the heavily armed late war rides, and so that's where you will find people.

Last night I was in the AvA where the BoB is set up, and an Australian switched over to the Luftwaffe side because he said the RAF guns were crap, until they get the Spitfire V. :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2008, 10:11:26 AM »
what is it with everyone's needs for uber planes?

maybe if there was a more equal planeset, EW and MW would be used more.
He111 uber? It would be in all arena's.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2008, 10:13:02 AM »
I vote YES on Prop 111.  :lol
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2008, 10:50:27 AM »
He111 uber? It would be in all arena's.

maybe i should have quoted someone, i ment everyone crying for late war uber planes and saying that the HE111 will be useless.... Theres enough latewar planes, lets spread the set out a bit more!
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »
No, you're not going to see more people in EW or MW no matter what you do.  It's easier to get kills with the heavily armed late war rides, and so that's where you will find people.

What if planes like the ones listed here were in game?
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,239587.0.html
i.e.

I'd be all over the EW!

We do have an early war arena and we also have a very large gap in our early war plane set.  In fact, with the exception of a few planes, the early war years isn't really represented in our plane set.  People complain about how the early war arena is never populated and the biggest reason why is the plane set.  If we were to flesh out the early war planeset with 1939-1940 warbirds it would go a long way of filling in the holes of the planeset.  In addition, it would be a boon to the scenario crowd and even the AvA arena.

No, what we don't need is another fast late war plane when our planeset has so many gaps that need to be filled in covering the early and mid war time line.

ack-ack

here are some EW planes ive dug up in one of my books.

Henschel hs123 (close support aircraft) introduced to service 1936
Gloster Gladiator - 1937
Fairey Firefly - 1941
Dewoitine D.520  -1939 (Served with French airforce, then german airforce and Italy and late war allied french units.) Would be nice to see a french plane that did see ALOT of service.
Fiat CR.32 and CR.42 1935 and 1938.  Italian Bi-plane fighters.
A5M Claude (Its been suggested before but meh cant hurt to list it)
Morane-Saulnier MS.406 1939  (another french fighter)
Polikarpov I-15/I-152/I-153 1933 and subsequent variations.
Polikarpov I-16 1938

A few or all of these and previously mentioned Early War fighters are desperately needed. I know most people dont fly EW because the plane set is limited to like 10 flyable planes, IF all the ones in here were to be added, we'd have at least 25 - 30 planes... and It would even be fun to use em in the LW arenas for the hell of it.

(Some dates may be slightly wrong, its late and reading my book for info while squinting could result in mistakes, feel free to correct them if I am wrong)

<S> Mathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »
I think we need at least one slow, badly armed early war bomber for scenarios. As it is most early war fighters have a real struggle to intercept the Boston or Ju 88. These two aircraft formed a minority of their sides' bomber strength in RL and were way faster than most other bombers of the period.

A bomber like the He 111 would make a much more acceptable scenario substitute for the majority of the allied and Axis bombers of the period in terms of its speed and defensive capabilities.

Jeez,

We have the B5N, how much more helpless do you want to make it?

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$