Author Topic: Guns disparity (buff/vehicle vs fighter)  (Read 255 times)

TheWobble

Guns disparity (buff/vehicle vs fighter)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2001, 09:04:00 PM »
Well earlier today I was in a 17 tooling along where i had no business being as usual.  suddenly Fatty appears in a 109 he took one pas at me then came from below i started firing away and I think he hit me about 5 times (thats not counting pings i heard just a guess from experence) and my left wing was gone and i was headed down, he wasnt firing for more than 3 seconds (first tracer seen) and I was gone.  I may have hit him about 8 times but prolly less.  and Im a DAMN good shot in a bomber.  he just used proper tactics and attacked from below like yer supposed to, and he won, as often happens.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2001, 09:14:00 PM »
The 30mm didn't hurt either  .  Honestly I'd be suprised if I even hit you 5 times.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
Not the same? Really wobble, you want me to believe that a pony or P-47 HO me or shoot me at my 6 and hit me a LOT from d600 or more (or less) and they dont kill me unless they get a good stream into me.... and then I DIVE on a b17 from straight above it, where only TWO .50's can bear on me.. and it does kill me with a few pings at d1.2 (most of the times with the very first ping)?

The ONLY weapon I can attribute this is to a 20mm cannon.

Want a good test? Get a b17 and a b26 up. Have the B26 sit STRAIGHT on the B17's tail. Fire the 4 foward firing B26 guns (not the turrets). See how long it takes for the b17 to go down.

Now repeat, this time using the foward turret of the B26 only. The b17 goes down MIIIGHTY faster. 2 .50's vs 4 .50's.. hmm..

If you have the time, try a b26 vs b26 duel. Both planes manouevering, each plane with a gunner on the tail only, firing tail turret only. A few wildly aimed shots from the tail gun WILL kill a b26. Try that with 2 .50's on a fighter only. HAH.

I dont give a damn what anyone says, those buff guns = 20mm cannons in performance. Puah!

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 02-26-2001).]

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2001, 06:26:00 PM »
Wish I got one ping kills.  I always have to work at it and get multiple hits when using machine guns or 20mm.