Author Topic: Suggestion for minor change to Film viewer  (Read 98 times)

Rojo

Suggestion for minor change to Film viewer
« on: July 05, 2000, 10:46:00 AM »
I think the film view is a great tool, and I especially love the "Trails" option.  However, when you pause the film, the trails should pause too.  Instead, they countinue to disappear until they're completely gone.  If possible, I should like to see the trails freeze when the film is paused.  That way, you can pause the action and look at the aerial "ballet" from all angles to truely understand how Hangtime's Mustang was able to end up on your Zeke's six  .  Any chance of this being changed, HtC?

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline delta

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2000, 11:36:00 AM »
FYI,

Another nice feature would be to have all (well at least stop, play, rewind) film controls acessable from the keyboard.

That (*#@ clipboard gets in the way at times.

delta

Offline Graywolf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flibble.org/~tim
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2000, 12:35:00 PM »
I'd also like the ability to freely move the camera about the place so I can look at what's going on from different angles.

I'm sure that being able to watch my landing from somewhere just off the runway threshold would enable me to improve them no end.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2000, 12:51:00 PM »
It seems that all of the effects are triggered as they are in the game.  The only thing that the film seems to stop is aircraft movement and gunfire.  Things such as smoke and debris operate independantly.

Basically, it is much better to record a trigger as opposed to a sequence.  Recording the smoke would be difficult, whereas recording the action that triggered the smoke then running that trigger through a game emulator is a little more simple.  I guess HTC would have to actually freeze the emulator as opposed to just freezing the film.  Seems that may be difficult.

AKDejaVu