Author Topic: Whutsup with my Cannons ?  (Read 173 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Whutsup with my Cannons ?
« on: April 10, 2001, 09:37:00 AM »
I HAVE to ask this, it's been buggin me for quite a while now : Whutsup with my Cannons ?

I usualy fly the FW190-A8 (4x20 mm))when I fly LW Iron, and, well, I noticed the bullet path change since 1.5. Fine by me, I got use to give it a bit more lead and (Time of Travel/Speed seems lower too). But whenever I try the FW 190 D-9 or FW190-F8, I just can't hit squat. I understand the ROF will be higher in the A8 (since I use 4 Guns instead of 2). but it REALY seems that not only ROF is affected, but Bullet drp as well !

No this is NOT a ANTYLWCONSPIRACYWHINE, I would just like to know if I am realy "porked" or if there IS a difference in Cannon shell Type / Velocity etc...

so, I ask again : Whutsup with my Cannons ?

Saw
[Mass]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
I can't hit toejame since the "gun shake" was added.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
Get in closer.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
150 Yards Rip...closer and I COLLIDE!
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
Dunno, but I find aiming in Dora an almost impossible task. Actually I'm back in D-Hog.

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
150 yards and your missing?!?  Oh boy, we need to start from scratch with you!  

Do you have V-sync disabled?

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2001, 10:31:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
150 yards and your missing?!?  Oh boy, we need to start from scratch with you!  

Do you have V-sync disabled?

Yup, Rip, My Aiming is Legendary, but still... it was never THAT BAD  

V-Sync ? I don't think I touched that since WindoZe reinstall Nr654684 Do I get these options ut easily with Getforce Drivers (can't check now, am at work. Thx for the tip tough, I will look!)

Saw

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2001, 03:29:00 AM »
Saintaw, I propose you the following test:
With the D9 landed, set up max zoom and start to fire bullet by bullet, one by one, looking for the tracers. Set up conv to 300 and tell us what do you see.
NOTE: Use default green gunsight.

Oh! And repeat this test with A8 4x20, A8 2x20 and A5 (2 and 4 guns).
Now go for 109G10 3x20 and repeat that test and, finally, do the same test with HogD and HogC.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2001, 04:49:00 AM »
Heh, it is now widely known that experienced LW'ers cannot hit as well with D9 and F8 as they can with A5 and A8.

The cause of it can and is debated, but the fact mentioned above is still true  

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2001, 05:24:00 AM »
In my tests with D9/A8 I noticed a tremendous dispersion firing bullet by bullet.

I have a question for HTC team. The new vibration effect affects the "first" bullet or affects the "next" bullet?

In my test, firing bullet by bullet, each one is a "first" bullet but the dispersion is enormous, almost 50% of the shots pass right to the sight center, over and below. A minimal percentage of bullets cross the exact center. Some of them go directly below the center. None of them pass to the left of the center. Same effect with 109G10 with gondolas. In the case of 190A8 4x20, all guns same conv, the inner guns shoot bullets with a noticeable difference in elevation than the outer ones.
Same POV, same conv, same sight and the paths of 190A8 2x20 and 190F8 2x20 bullets are different.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2001, 06:41:00 AM »
StSanta wrote:  
Heh, it is now widely known that experienced LW'ers cannot hit as well with D9 and F8 as they can with A5 and A8.
The cause of it can and is debated, but the fact mentioned above is still true

And there is also another thread going right now about the how much better the ballistics in the 3 cannon La7 (B20 cannons) are versus the 2 cannon La7 (ShVak cannons), and this is from experienced pilots as well. When in fact, the ballistics on the two guns are identical.

My point being that it is possible to "psych yourself out". In other words, your mind can play tricks on you, and if you start to believe something enough, it can come true.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
Verm, I am no LW whinig machine, I fly , or used to fly each and every plane in AH(grin)... There IS something amiss here... can't put my finger on it, but somethin´s fishy!

Saaaaaaaaaw!
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.