Author Topic: bomber autopilot and zoom settings  (Read 107 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
bomber autopilot and zoom settings
« on: April 19, 2000, 12:51:00 PM »
I would like to see the autopilot (auto trim) setting stay set in "auto speed" or "auto angle" when jumping to a gunner position.  Forcing it to "auto level" doesn't seem reasonable for gunning -- bombing yes, but not for gunning.

Also, I'd like to have the zoom toggle and  setting maintained when switching between pilot/gunner/external/bombsight positions.  Switching positions on the bomb run can get confusing enough without the zoom toggling on and off.

popeye

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2000, 01:49:00 PM »

Originally posted by popeye:
I would like to see the autopilot (auto trim) setting stay set in "auto speed" or "auto angle" when jumping to a gunner position.  Forcing it to "auto level" doesn't seem reasonable for gunning -- bombing yes, but not for gunning.

I'd really like to see this changed!  I've never understood why it was programmed this way for gun positions.  

Auto-level when I'm in the bomb site, but don't auto-level upon entering gun positions.

Mox
The Wrecking Crew

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2000, 03:00:00 PM »
if you are in auto-climb (alt+x) and jump to your guns you will continue your climb.  I fly like this all the time.  Right after gear up I hit alt+x for auto-climb and jump to ball turret>external view.

Greg 'wmutt' Cook

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2000, 10:28:00 PM »
I think it's only the bombsight view that changers the autopilot to level.  I switch to gunns all the time and stay on the set autopilot.  I can see how the bomsight would be less accurate if the plane was not level, but it might be interesting.  I like to put the auto speed on 175 or 200 for making my decent for recovery.
--------------------------

332nd Flying Mongrels
"When in doubt, put a few more rounds into it."