Author Topic: Lanc Glued To The Ground ?????  (Read 119 times)

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Lanc Glued To The Ground ?????
« on: May 28, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
Attemped to take off 5 times in a Lanc with 14K bombs and each time wound up putting it through the perimeter fence. Tried everything, 2 notches of flaps (default), no notches, 3 notches, full brakes then power, switching to hard surfaced field and all the above.  Double checked my elevator input.  No matter what I did, the sucher wouldn't clim.  Has somebody modeled density altitude or the like in this release?  Anyone else have this problem?  
Beeg

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2001, 09:51:00 AM »
First a small piece of advice: get a smaller sig pic.

Yes, the Lanc has been a 500 ton beast ever since they stuck it in here. The real Lanc could takeoff as slow as 90mph without any trouble. It's either a glitch in the amount of engine power, wing lift, flaps lift, or maybe low-speed drag. I have no honest idea what could cause this, but it's been this way since they first handed over the keys.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von
Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2001, 09:57:00 AM »
roll the lanc through the entire runway..and a little bit more after it if you can to pick up speed, then before lifting nose, apply 2 flaps.. and raise nose ONLY to get the plane off the ground, you will still be cutting the grass there.

fly level and start retracting the flaps until you get at least 140 mph. then set the climb speed 140 and put it on autoclimb.

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
Thanks guys.  I thought all about these things (I used to be a CFI).  Problem is that right now I'm having problems taking of in the beast.  Just last week before this version I took off with it regularly and unless there was the proverbial 50' obstruction at the end of the runway I eventually lumbered up.  Question here is do we have a change in FM in this version?
Thanks
Beeg

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
ive had similar experience today with arado

i put the arado in a mission and when i rolled the plane seemed to br trimmed into the floor.adjusting trim did nothing and i had to manualy correct  which was almost full rudder.hitting x didnt straighten it up it just slowly dived right.
crashed it  

may be a bug . seemed to me like i was stuck just under the road surface and it slowed and dragged me on take off.

------------------
Hazed
9./JG54

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2001, 07:19:00 AM »
Two things:

1) I successfully got the Lanc up before the end of the runway earlier today. How did I pull off this mystic feat? I only loaded 6x 1k bombs and 25% fuel. She picked up at 100mph and flew like a dream. Try that in the Main and you'd end up augering four grids away; gas tanks dry.

2) With the Arado I use one notch flaps and trim the nose up before I even start the engine. Fire the RATO bottles as you near the end of the runway and lift her off the ground gently. If she gets stubborn, yank her off the ground. It'll pick up speed pretty fast, topping off at about 250mph before the RATOs crap out.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb