Author Topic: Unbelievable..  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Unbelievable..
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 11:38:52 AM »

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Problem is... the US Government is not of or for the American People anymore. Has not been for some time now. The current situation is just further down the drain then we were. It'll all come to a head some day. Brother fighting Brother. We seemed to have forgotten our past.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 12:10:23 PM »

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I'd love to put this on a big sign in my front yard for my neighbors to read.  I doubt it would do any good, they still would have 0 respect for those of us who work for a living, and it's, well, not written in Spanish.  :cry
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline caddie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2008, 12:59:25 PM »
Welcome to the Knits Talon, You going to organize any of those Huge buff missions you do so well?

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2008, 01:25:33 PM »
Welp. Tonight's topic was...well I'll stay within guidelines.

Lost alot of friends, respect, & a entire squadron tonight. Good battle gentlemen. Shall be flying Knights starting this upcoming Tour.  :salute

On the other note, how's everyone this evening? Any news about those pesky la7s, spit 16s.... :noid
Talan it will be fun flying with you again bro Salute
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »
*sean connery voice

Launch countermeasures :aok
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »
Welcome to the Knits Talon, You going to organize any of those Huge buff missions you do so well?

I believe the next time you see HERR Talen  it will be his grin from inside the cockpit of his 109.   :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 04:26:23 PM »
I was on last night but I dont read the Comms as I'm playing so I have no idea what was said or who said it. But you dont need a degree in astrophysics to figure out it was race related and in bad taste.

And while saying such stuff is stupid enough it aint much better to paint all of Rookdom with a broad brush and leave in a Huff over a squadie Political purse fight on 200. Or was it Rook channel? I dont read that either. Either way someone would have to be silly to think human nature changes when you change your chess piece in an Internet flight game, 1/2 of which regularly change with the eny anyways.

I think your a good guy Talon but this little "forum dance around the thing" is pretty silly. I feel silly enough for reading the entire thing.

Good luck with the Nits. Tell me later if their species is any different.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »
Don't worry, Talen will be welcomed here.

He will also make an excellent addition to one of our Schwarms   :devil

(as soon as his lederhosen comes back from the cleaners)
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2008, 04:46:07 PM »
I was on last night but I dont read the Comms as I'm playing so I have no idea what was said or who said it. But you dont need a degree in astrophysics to figure out it was race related and in bad taste.

And while saying such stuff is stupid enough it aint much better to paint all of Rookdom with a broad brush and leave in a Huff over a squadie Political purse fight on 200. Or was it Rook channel? I dont read that either. Either way someone would have to be silly to think human nature changes when you change your chess piece in an Internet flight game, 1/2 of which regularly change with the eny anyways.

I think your a good guy Talon but this little "forum dance around the thing" is pretty silly. I feel silly enough for reading the entire thing.

quoted for truth.

Well said bombrich.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »
*sean connery voice

Launch countermeasures :aok
  All ahead flank, right full rudder  :P
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2008, 08:00:42 PM »

Rook channel sir. And as for it being a "forum dance around thing". I just thought I'd express a little bit of what happened and what was said over rook channel last night after the election. Indeed you're correct, It will never change even if i change countries, but at the same time I'd rather start fresh not knowing how alot of people feel about specific races & political views.

Thank you sir  :salute Was a honor flying with you.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2008, 02:33:28 AM »
I shall enjoy filling your German steel with American lead from my 8 brownings. 

Sorry to see you go dude.  :salute
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2008, 03:55:07 AM »
4 yrs ago, almost to the day I quit A/H over political crap. I vowed it wouldn't happen this term. I'm still here. There is a way to squelch your text box as well, its called "ducttape". try it over the textbox, and shaZAM! no text!. :salute
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2008, 10:48:01 AM »
Indeed. But i rather not fly with the "former" countrymen after tonight. I know everyone has the right of speech, but that's why i hope that political talk could be eliminated.

It has been much more fun switching countries than sticking to one. Some of my former foes turned out to be decent guys and much more fun to fly with than the same old same old. As for political talk who cares who's feathers it ruffles up.

Watch how this simple word explodes into a 30 page thread :lol

JESUS

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2008, 10:52:30 AM »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs