Author Topic: Sound Packs what the hell?????  (Read 512 times)

Offline Juicey1

• Zinc Member
Sound Packs what the hell?????
« on: November 04, 2008, 08:13:55 AM »
Dudes I am in serious need of some help with these sound packs. I've downloaded Mitzi's sound packs and have went by the instructions of unzipping and cut and paste. Now here's where things get wiry. If i go to my aces high folder click on sound it says the file is there. i can also click on a particular file example: f6f engine start up and let me tell u when window media player, plays this file all sounds are fricken excellent. but when i load the game i am still getting the default factory sounds for everything. what is going on and is there a way to activate these tones. i have no idea. i want them to sound like media player protrays not the AHII factory sounds. please please please help I've been tryn for months. pics of how to do this would be nice cause I'm not a computer Wise too much hokey pokey will get me confused right quick. thanks Juicey1

Offline Juicey1

• Zinc Member
Re: Sound Packs what the hell?????
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »
and something else in addition to the above. i've notice that there is no different in object sound wether its the factory or aftermarket sounds in the windows media players in xp. So both sound set up differ from gameplay. i've also noticed there are 4 -5 sound for each object how do u select or unselect and given item? thanks again i hope some1 can help me soon cause this is driving me CRAZY i want cool sounds

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:25:01 AM »
haven't used his sounds but the others i have used i unzipped, see folders that have a plane or gv's name, just dragged and drop the folders into the ace's high sound folder and thats it. you could actually unzip the file in the sounds folder if you wanted.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:00:25 PM »
don't know if you got it fixed up yet but heres a link that might help.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,247604.0.html