Author Topic: X52 vs X52 pro  (Read 328 times)

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
X52 vs X52 pro
« on: November 09, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »
So I have used the x 52 over the past several years, and loved it.  Just recently I have ran across some troubles with the X52.  No matter what I do I can not calibrate the joystick.  So my Fiancee told me she would buy me a new joystick for Christmas.  Is the X52 pro better built then the old x52 (wont lose calibration, buttons dont stick)?

And can my old SST file that I use for Aces High be used for the X52 pro if I decide to get one?

I would hate to start over that SST file took a couple hours to get right and comfortable.

Thanks

Jebus

Offline Bolt45

• Zinc Member
Re: X52 vs X52 pro
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:32:25 AM »
jebus , I too had a X52 that I bought 3 yrs ago , it's still works fine , but some of the switches are starting to go bad , and of course the sensitivity
was an issue too ( spring didnt have enough tension ) I have been following the prices for both CH and Saitek bundles on Amazon , Ive read the forums
for both products and decided to go with the X52 pro , rudder pedals & panel switch box for under $350. The spring has been strengthened to where
theres no play in the stick , that was a big thing with me . Alot of peeps are saying theres a major improvement between the old 52 and the pro , downside ->
the drivers and profile for your old stick won't work with the Pro ..

:salute
Bolt

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
Re: X52 vs X52 pro
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »
jebus , I too had a X52 that I bought 3 yrs ago , it's still works fine , but some of the switches are starting to go bad , and of course the sensitivity
was an issue too ( spring didnt have enough tension ) I have been following the prices for both CH and Saitek bundles on Amazon , Ive read the forums
for both products and decided to go with the X52 pro , rudder pedals & panel switch box for under $350. The spring has been strengthened to where
theres no play in the stick , that was a big thing with me . Alot of peeps are saying theres a major improvement between the old 52 and the pro , downside ->
the drivers and profile for your old stick won't work with the Pro ..

:salute

Thanks Bolt.  I think I will be spending some time getting used to my new X52 pro.  Just cant afford the whole CH set up right now.  THat is the report I was looking for
Bolt