Author Topic: 5" Coastal defences  (Read 379 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
5" Coastal defences
« on: November 17, 2008, 06:04:28 AM »
 I would like the option for terrain builders to have a 5" shore battery option to  the 8" shore battery as standard.

Currently A fleet stands off shore with an array of 5" manned and auto AA of various sizes  (protecting it) and attacks a base with 37mm AA of various types.

The base may or may not have a pair of 8" manned shore batteries. I think some balance may be adjusted  if a 5" shore battery (with AA/HE options) could be implemented should the terrain builder so wish. It would have the same emplacement etc except it would have a 5" gun and 5" "properties".

Ludere Vincere

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Re: 5" Coastal defences
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 08:54:35 AM »
Heck, load up the coast with guns and keep the CVs a reasonable distance from shore.  As thing stand the CVs get close enough to pull shore power.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »
Heck, load up the coast with guns and keep the CVs a reasonable distance from shore.  As thing stand the CVs get close enough to pull shore power.
Upped yesterday at a CV fight and when I got off the runway the ack started to fire at me...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
Upped yesterday at a CV fight and when I got off the runway the ack started to fire at me...

This happens to me numerous times, not when Im parked on the runway, but typicaly the moment my tail wheel leaves the ground, *boom* *boom* *twang*.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Coog03

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 03:08:08 AM »
I would like to see assortment of guns from the shore. 5" & 8" in. and more 37"mm. Maybe down the rode (1-2years) add a pillbox with a machine gun as a last resort.
VF41 Red Rippers
368th Thunder Bums
Killuminati