Author Topic: Ostwind - Rate of fire?  (Read 114 times)

Offline Fidd

• Copper Member
Ostwind - Rate of fire?
« on: May 29, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
I did a little research today on the Ostwind. Only 40 were produced, against 150 Wirbelwind (quad 20mm). What I did find interesting was that the ammunition clips for the 37mm on the Ostwind contained only 8 rounds. This made me wonder if AH modelled the reload after every 8 rounds, perhaps in similar fashion to the Panzer IV reload, then this would reduce slightly the effectiveness of the Ostwind.

Does anyone else think that this might be an improvement?

Fidd

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Ostwind - Rate of fire?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2001, 03:23:00 PM »
YES!
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
Ostwind - Rate of fire?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »
S!

Agreed.Bring on a small time of reload.But also to be remembered..they could put more clips in the feeding mechanism while firing so the fire was more or less continuous...And are U guys sure that U want Wirbelwind?4 x 20mm with pretty hi ROF.And we are not talking about MG151/20's here in a Wirbelwind  

------------------
DB603
3.Lentue
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
Ostwind - Rate of fire?
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
How about introducing a perk wirblewind?

Offline Fidd

• Copper Member
Ostwind - Rate of fire?
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2001, 05:28:00 AM »
I'd be interested in your sources for this statement. If a book please supply ISBN number with title. I personally doubt this is the case on the Ostind.

Fidd

Originally posted by DB603:

Agreed.Bring on a small time of reload.But also to be remembered..they could put more clips in the feeding mechanism while firing so the fire was more or less continuous...