Author Topic: Ta152  (Read 2118 times)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
Re: Ta152
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 06:24:49 AM »
Love it! Found a challenge in converting from the D-9 but once you get to know the Ta152 better and know how to treat her, she will take good care of you in return. :)

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 07:04:30 AM »
Amazing how people start arguing of quality of the plane and forget original question.  :lol :D

Thing is that when people see or hear its a TA152 they think "easy kill" and they would be right most of the time. The only person Iv seen fly a 152 and be great in it without B&Zing everything to death was moot. He is the only person that I saw getting called a cheater almost once a week because of the way he moved that thing.

So to answer your question I dont think people still see it as a perk plane they see it like a free kill.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 07:10:45 AM »
Well, before the Ta152 facelift, this was indeed true, but not anymore. Vmax drops trom 363 to 358 on the deck with WEP, and from 333 to 328 without.

oooops.. you are right.

Guess it didn't come to my mind that they could have changed something that was correctly modeled, especially when update notes didn't mention any performance changes.

I bow my head in shame  :o
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 07:30:20 AM »
oooops.. you are right.

Guess it didn't come to my mind that they could have changed something that was correctly modeled, especially when update notes didn't mention any performance changes.

I bow my head in shame  :o

Woah, the 152 takes a performance hit if you had a drop tank?  News to me! :eek:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 09:42:13 AM »
It shouldn't, if it does that's just wrong and needs to be fixed. Carrying a droptank is always a penalty though.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
The 152 is a great plane in the right hands (Just like almost every plane in AH)
The 152 is not a plane for noobs. You need to really understand how to handle that beast. Its low speed handling characteristics are very challenging. I would say it is one of the most challenging planes to be consistently good in. Especially with all the Spit16s and Niks hoarding around.

The plane was a high altitude bomber interceptor. It shines at high alt. It would be a fabulous scenario plane. I could envision some really good fights between P47Ns and TA152s at 30k =)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »
The 152 is not a plane for noobs.

funny thing about that is that when i first started playing i loved flying the 152! i didn't do too badly in it as far as crashing due to pilot error. obviously got shot down alot due to lack of skill (yes yes before you say it i will "nothing has changed in that") but i could take off and land it without issue.

but shortly after starting i got hooked on the turners like the hurri II C KI-84 and the Zeek. (i blame that on jetsom, he is my squaddie and got me into the game)

once in awhile i still like to take out the 152, nothing with a prop hunts bombers better, but unfortunately i can never find anything up at the alts that it was designed to dominate at. if I'm gonna fly on the deck and turn then i preffer to be a plane that i don't have to fight with to get the maneuvers and performance I'm looking for out of it.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
I think most people dont know it is unperked. Seems that everyone is trying to kill you as greedy as before.

What u think? Do you feel the same?  :)
Mip, in my experience people have a few leading reasons for shooting it before everything else. It's rare, so they get a kick out of being the one who shot down the exotic plane in the n1k/spit/la7 mess, kinda like the old perk tag effect. They probably see it like a 190D9, "gotta shoot those before they run". They probably know it's not all that fast and not exactly nimble, and carries big guns.. So they figure it's a potential to ruin their sortie that's easy to take care of.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 06:09:43 PM »
To me the 152 feels and performs almost like an F4U-D, it's not very fast, but it can sure turns like crazy compare to the rest of the 190 family.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 06:20:30 PM »
The reason people don't fly it is because it's not easy to fly. It's a complete wench, it's challenging and requires aggression and restraint at the same time.... a balance not easily maintained.

If you don't stroke it the right way the 152 will slap you right round and make you its b itch before you can say nein! scheisse!

Basically, it's too hard to fly as a fighter for the average AH. You have to WANT to like the 152.

The 152 is capable of magnificent things but it requires more dedication to get small amounts out of it.
DAM STRAIGHT

My favorite bird to fly.... when i was flying that is...

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2008, 06:35:07 PM »
why does everyone keep saying the 152 is slow?

take her up to 15 or 20,000 feet and level off and cruise. tell me how many other crates will stay with her up there. the 51, 163 and the 262, but other than that what else?

now take her into a dive from that level flight and see how long it takes to be doing almost 600 in that dive. then at 600ish ease the stick back and see how easily she comes out of that dive.

i wanna see your spixteen or la7 do those things as easily. you'd be waving good bye to your wings long before you reached 550.

the 152 is a fast and nimble ride as long as you use it where it belongs, use it for its intended purpose.

would you use a surgical scalpel to chop down a tree? then why try to use the 152 (an intended high alt interceptor and bomber killer) as a down in the mud dog fighter. do you dog fight with a 262 or a 163?

long thin elegant wings kinda give away the purpose of the plane.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 06:42:06 PM »
do you dog fight with a 262 or a 163?

FLOTSOM
Erm the 163 is very nimble. Try it and see
See Rule #4

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 06:49:49 PM »
Flot, have you ever timed the 152's acceleration from ideal (auto-x) climb speed, at 30k ?   Back in AH1, I took a Spit9 in tow up to 33k.  He all but ran me down both in the climb and dogfight.  This was back when the 152 could keep up with WingZero's N1K in hard stall fights for about 2-3 turns, starting at 350mph, near the deck.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:53:11 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »
Flot, have you ever timed the 152's acceleration from ideal (auto-x) climb speed, at 30k ?   Back in AH1, I took a Spit9 in tow up to 33k.  He all but ran me down both in the climb and dogfight.

in climb yes the spit9 does have better performance. but at every alt in level flight with or without wep the 152 is faster than the spit9.

in a dogfight the spit turns better and stalls much better, so why let the spit control the engagement? diving speed and level speed far surpasses the spit, BOOM AND ZOOM HIS ARSE!!!!!!! don't turn with him, don't let him dictate the terms of the fight, fight your fight not his.

you wouldn't get into a low alt slow turning fight with a zeek if you were in a 262 would you?

now obviously MOOT i know you are an excellent pilot and that i am probably preaching to the choir here, but use the 152 like the 262 or 163. take off a sector or 2 back from the front lines and use the distance to gain the alt and the advantage. the 152 will fly forever with full fuel and and DT's so start as far back as required to gain the alt advantage on your intended victims.

every rule of thumb that anyone has ever posted in here rests on one basic principle, fly your plane to its strengths not against them. BOOM AND ZOOM is the philosophy behind the 152, fly it to your advantage and its a great ride.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline SouthLanda

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 08:05:26 PM »
I'm still yet to be convinced that the TA-152 is not a piece of crap.
WHY would the germans invent a late war aircraft that is SLOWER, LESS POWER, than the previous model 190. CLIMBS LIKE A P-40 or loaded up F4U1A... in 1945? It makes no sense to me at all.

SURELY hitech has screwed up the modelling of this plane.

Why would the germans in 1945 make a plane that can only climb at 2500 FPM slowly? Surely a sitting duck if its meant to fight at 35 000 feet, when the enemy is routinely patrolling above you.

Went for a sortie with Arch the other night, might show a quick clip of one merge encounter :-)
Game ID: SthLanda