Author Topic: Clipboard flickering  (Read 340 times)

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
Clipboard flickering
« on: October 28, 2007, 04:35:06 PM »
I get a bug where the clipboard starts flickering, kind of like seeing the clipboard in double. I.e., there are two textures kind of overlapping each other, flickering at probably the frame refresh rate.

Here's how I can trigger the bug:

1. Enlarge the clipboard (with the mouse, from the + and - buttons on the clipboard), so that it almost fills my screen
2. Right click on the map and open a "side board"
3. If the "side board" expands to the outside of the screen, the bug is triggered and the clipboard starts flashing.

The "close"-button on the side board is outside my screen, so I cant close it. Because of the flickering, I cannot move the clipboard either.

If I exit the game and re-enter, the bug still persists because the same clipboard settings are still active. The only way I've found to stop the flickering is to exit the game, edit the clipxxx.cfg files in the /settings folder and increase the Z-value to "unzoom" the clipboard. This way it wont flicker when I re-enter the game.

Needless to say, this is pretty annoying, especially yesterday during the DGS scenario frame!!

I play with my widescreen in the vertical position, 900x1440, I dont know if that makes a difference.

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline sparcdr

• Zinc Member
      • Deviant Pointer
Re: Clipboard flickering
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 04:24:48 AM »
It happens to me on Vista 64 on my Ultra 20 M2 rig (Quadro FX 1500) without doing anything on initial launch (Continues to show after changing to my native 16:10 resolution and any other) and I suspect it's either a bug with antialiasing or vertex buffer objects.  Using the latest NVIDIA drivers.  Also seems to affect in-game.