Author Topic: Save the Garage  (Read 386 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Save the Garage
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »

It looks bad. My neighbors had hinted that well maybe she needs some paint. To tell the truth I even thought about tearing down the garage and building a new one. Then when I was having some work done in the house a guy said. Sure wish I had a garage like that. Hmmm, eye of the beholder. So I started working on it with the help of my wonderful neighbor. He does a lot of carpentry.

If you think this side is bad you should see the back!

Work in progress. That's a new door and most of the frame is new as well. My son many years ago cut up a piece of plywood and made a door that lasted about 11 years.  :rofl :rofl Wish I would have captured that.

She's beautiful!

Notice the new lighting. Did that about a week ago. My son had installed the previous lighting about 11 years ago when he was 14. Did a great job but a hail storm took it out. The roof is new as well.

Notice new eaves too.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:02:38 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Save the Garage
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:41:36 PM »
Hey now, that looks Great!  But you do realize my brother, that the neighbor only wanted you to fix her up so the hood didn't look so dingy.......... LOL
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:49:02 PM »
Wow...what an improvement.

:aok
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 03:21:47 PM »
Is the roof Shingled all over?

The pitch on the right side of the garage doesn't look steep enough, it may give you grief down the road.

We have an addition on the back of our house, and the pitch on it wasn't steep enough. Over the years unnoticed leaks had developed where the addition met the house. After a a heavy snow is when it began to leak .

When we replaced the roof and instead of having it reshingled, we had it rubberized.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
Is the roof Shingled all over?

The pitch on the right side of the garage doesn't look steep enough, it may give you grief down the road.

We have an addition on the back of our house, and the pitch on it wasn't steep enough. Over the years unnoticed leaks had developed where the addition met the house. After a a heavy snow is when it began to leak .

When we replaced the roof and instead of having it reshingled, we had it rubberized.

Nope doesn't leak at all. The roofer did a great job. He also remodels and did my bathroom. Man I have got to get those pictures developed.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »
Nope doesn't leak at all. The roofer did a great job. He also remodels and did my bathroom. Man I have got to get those pictures developed.

Sorry I didn't mean now, but down the road when the roof gets some years behind it.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 06:33:28 AM »
Unless the garage is heated there's little to worry about. Even then if the roofer had any pre mod-bit mojo the only real potential problem is blow offs.

Good job.