Author Topic: Compass in bomb sight  (Read 429 times)

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
Compass in bomb sight
« on: November 12, 2008, 10:32:48 AM »
Most squads use tactical formations while in flight, be it bombers, fighters, or attack planes.  The squad I fly with use compass headings to get into formation and to help keep the formation tight.  While in the bomb sight, it would be nice to say "compass heading 280" in order to know your still in formation without having to leave the bomb sight.  Surely the bomb sights in WWII had a compass? 
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
Re: Compass in bomb sight
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »
Most squads use tactical formations while in flight, be it bombers, fighters, or attack planes.  The squad I fly with use compass headings to get into formation and to help keep the formation tight.  While in the bomb sight, it would be nice to say "compass heading 280" in order to know your still in formation without having to leave the bomb sight.  Surely the bomb sights in WWII had a compass? 

that is a nice idea, it would realy help to keep the formation tight.  :aok :aok

cu

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:22:07 AM »
THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!   :rock
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Hack9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »

Currently, a working compass is visible in some bombers in AH if you look around the bomb sight position using your view keys or view hat on your joystick.  I thought that all bombers in the game once had this feature but I may be mistaken.  I just did a hanger check and below is a list of bombers and the views that I found allow the player to check compass heading while in the bomb sight position.  I suggest getting into the bomb sight position and looking around to find what views work best for you for those planes that include this feature.

Ar234 - Look up-forward
B-17G - compass not visible
B-24J - compass not visible
B-25C - Look left or up-left
B-26  - compass not visible
Boston III - compass not visible
Ki-67 - Look down-forward, down-forward-right or right
Ju88A - Look forward, left, down-forward, or down-forward-left
Lancaster III - compass not visible
TBM-3 - compass not visible

Not a bad idea having the heading included in the information in the F6 bomb sight view though.

Hack9  :salute

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 01:37:13 PM »
Currently, a working compass is visible in some bombers in AH if you look around the bomb sight position using your view keys or view hat on your joystick.  I thought that all bombers in the game once had this feature but I may be mistaken.  I just did a hanger check and below is a list of bombers and the views that I found allow the player to check compass heading while in the bomb sight position.  I suggest getting into the bomb sight position and looking around to find what views work best for you for those planes that include this feature.

Ar234 - Look up-forward
B-17G - compass not visible
B-24J - compass not visible
B-25C - Look left or up-left
B-26  - compass not visible
Boston III - compass not visible
Ki-67 - Look down-forward, down-forward-right or right
Ju88A - Look forward, left, down-forward, or down-forward-left
Lancaster III - compass not visible
TBM-3 - compass not visible

Not a bad idea having the heading included in the information in the F6 bomb sight view though.

Hack9  :salute

LOL that's the ones I fly. :rofl
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »
moin
 maybe its poible to implement a compass in the E6B, would help and it must be easy don, or not??.

by the way for what stands E6B???????lol :huh
cu chris3

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 11:32:14 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E6B

The device's original name is E-6B, but is often abbreviated as E6B, or hyphenated in other variations for commercial purposes.

The E-6B was developed in the United States by Naval Lt. Philip Dalton in the late 1930s. The name comes from its original part number for the U.S Army Air Corps in World War II.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 04:41:09 PM »
thank you very much kvuo75  :)

cu