Author Topic: New squad, under 18s welcome!!  (Read 873 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
New squad, under 18s welcome!!
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »
I've decided to set up a new squad open to any and all players of Aces High.  Not only will this be a new squad, but it will be constructed in a new style from other squads.  This new 'style' will be outlined and defined by its entry requirements, which are intended to produce a far more relaxed and informal squads than might be found elsewhere.

The name of this squad will "The Fellowship" (a bit cheesy, I know, but if it's too bad/people hate it too much I'll change it  ;))

In order to be admitted to the squad, you should preferably be able to meet the following requirements:
  • do NOT insult people gratuitously, and do not start arguments
  • be over the age of 12.  The only reason I am having an age limit at all is so that every member is able to participate in any discussion that crops up.
  • be online around once a month - whilst it's better to be on more often - I will not require members to be more active than I can be
  • be willing to fly for any country - we will most likely usually be with the Knights, as I usually fly for them
  • be sensible and mature enough to respond to anyone in-game in an appropriate manner - see below for details*
  • having a microphone is OPTIONAL, so you must be prepared to communicate using text.
  • know enough about the game to be able to enjoy it unassisted
  • be willing to fly with other people
  • be prepared to engage in any type of gameplay with the squad - taking part in a hoard, hoard-busting, killing GVs with bombs, running etc.
  • NOT be at all discriminatory against anyone for what they think/are in real life
  • recognise that this IS a game, and treat it as such

* This essentially means to treat others as you yourself wish to be treated, however rule #1 still applies.

As with all generalisations, there will be exceptions to these points under certain circumstances, and such situations will be dealt with as they arise.

To join, please find me online (I fly as "McWatt"), and send me a message.  I'll probably make sure that you fulfill at least one or two of the above requirements, and then let you in :D  If you can't find me online, send me a PM on these forums and I'll reply ASAP.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: New squad, under 18s welcome!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 02:31:25 PM »
How old are you Yossarian ?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 02:55:18 PM »
16, almost 17.
O o

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 05:49:36 AM »
Never turned towards "The Few" for british squad guidence?

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:22:40 AM »
Hasn't Joker already thought of this?  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 08:53:23 AM »
I've decided to set up a new squad open to any and all players of Aces High.  Not only will this be a new squad, but it will be constructed in a new style from other squads.  This new 'style' will be outlined and defined by its entry requirements, which are intended to produce a far more relaxed and informal squads than might be found elsewhere.

The name of this squad will "The Fellowship" (a bit cheesy, I know, but if it's too bad/people hate it too much I'll change it  ;))

In order to be admitted to the squad, you should preferably be able to meet the following requirements:
  • do NOT insult people gratuitously, and do not start arguments
  • be over the age of 12.  The only reason I am having an age limit at all is so that every member is able to participate in any discussion that crops up.
  • be online around once a month - whilst it's better to be on more often - I will not require members to be more active than I can be
  • be willing to fly for any country - we will most likely usually be with the Knights, as I usually fly for them
  • be sensible and mature enough to respond to anyone in-game in an appropriate manner - see below for details*
  • having a microphone is OPTIONAL, so you must be prepared to communicate using text.
  • know enough about the game to be able to enjoy it unassisted
  • be willing to fly with other people
  • be prepared to engage in any type of gameplay with the squad - taking part in a hoard, hoard-busting, killing GVs with bombs, running etc.
  • NOT be at all discriminatory against anyone for what they think/are in real life
  • recognise that this IS a game, and treat it as such

* This essentially means to treat others as you yourself wish to be treated, however rule #1 still applies.

As with all generalisations, there will be exceptions to these points under certain circumstances, and such situations will be dealt with as they arise.

To join, please find me online (I fly as "McWatt"), and send me a message.  I'll probably make sure that you fulfill at least one or two of the above requirements, and then let you in :D  If you can't find me online, send me a PM on these forums and I'll reply ASAP.

If you changed this to NEVER "taking part in a hoard" and add in ""Promote honorable game play" No "HO'ing or running, ganging, attacking undefended feilds and such"

I would say good idea best of luck. A new squad full of people dedicated to improveing game play at the cost of decreaseing their kill count and possibly increaseing their death count would go along way to improveing overall in game enjoyment for everyone.

In any case good luck

Don
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:04:44 AM by yanksfan »
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 09:14:51 AM »
not sure why it's everyones business to tell others how to run their squad. Good luck.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 09:47:57 AM »
Good luck with the squad Yoss.  :aok

<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 10:24:20 AM »
not sure why it's everyones business to tell others how to run their squad. Good luck.

Actually, Yanksfan is trying promote even more enjoyment for this squad.   Good luck Yoss.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »
Thanks for all the support, and yanksfan, I thought about doing just what you said, and I may change that section at some point in future, but I decided against it for the following reasons:
- I want this to be a squad where (almost) everyone is welcome.  Adding restrictions like that would probably discourage the younger players of this game from joining, which is something I want to avoid as much as is possible.
- A lesser reason is that I for one find hoards to be occasionally quite fun - for example, if you don't have a lot of time on your hands and are looking for some quick action, a hoard is often an easy answer.

And I just realised that I've been using hoard interchangeably with furball...oops

<S>

Yossarian
O o

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »
Best of luck young man! :aok
Your off to a good start IMHO. :)