Author Topic: Its been awhile now... do you think..  (Read 156 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Its been awhile now... do you think..
« on: May 30, 2001, 06:42:00 PM »
The perk system actually works?

So far I can't find an excuse to fly a perk ride...  I couldn't care less about them, though I am all in support of early and mid war aircraft +)

Salvo

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2001, 07:25:00 PM »
Yep, It works and extremely well. How many CHogs have you seen lately? And it is the cheapest mount you can buy. IMO, this system should prevent us to overload the arena with some particular plane. Without the perk system, 10 or every 10 planes would be Tempests. Anyway, actually 4 of every 10 planes are Spits, and 4 Nikkis, the other two are a La7 or P51 and something else. Not much diversion, but this is better than having 100% of Tempest on the air.

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2001, 08:51:00 PM »
SKurj: Perhaps the perk system was meant as an inducement to keep players around longer.
I dont have much use for it.  I have noticed that the Tempest ususally gets used in multiples.  I was in one battle in tour 16 when 5 tempests attacked at once.  The strategy seems to be: it cost 70pts so I'll protect my assets by flying with more tempests.  I think the tempest and La-7 should be restricted differently.  Like to back bases.  

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »
SKurj,
I am sure the lure of reset perk points keeps the team about to be reset in the hole longer.

Any plane in the game that actually had an impact on the time period simulated should not be perked.

Any "what if this plane was actually a factor" additions HTC wants to throw in should be.

Personally the whole "Point" concept is not something I need to maintain interest but your ideas, SKurj, in the other topic sure would help.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
To me...

Perk = Game
RPS = Sim

Of course, I seem to be in a minority.

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline air_reaper

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.nctc.net/~predator
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
 I think in respect to the Tempest it is a good idea. Not really sure abt the F4U tho. I can see where it was a hell of a great ground pounder but other then that it made a super nice target. The 234 could be a threat if flown in large numbers. Bomb a field and 3/4`s your fighters trying to catch one while the goon lands safely, lol. The 152 hmmm not sure why it is even perked. Already got planes close to it`s flight envelope.

Offline MiG Eater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.avphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
My own perspective - It feels good to earn perk points and occasionally (very rarely) fly a perk ride in the form of a Tempest, Ta-152 or Arado.  None of these airplanes offer a huge advantage in the type of flying and fighting that goes on in the MA that would justify much of any cost to me.  I find that each has significant disadvantages that outweigh the one or strong points featured in each model.  And no, I'm not giving my perkies away  

I'd like to see the ability to "buy" mods for the airplanes that are unperked. I'm not suggesting just performance mods either. For instance: a Malcom hood on the -51B, an alternate camoflage pattern, waste gate tweaking on the P-47's, a wax job to increase speed a couple of knots, add two cannon to the F6F, etc.  In addition, these will cost perk points whether or not you lose the airplane but you would keep the mod until the airplane was lost.

MiG

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
works if you ask me

------------------
Hazed
9./JG54