Author Topic: Helping Brothers out  (Read 484 times)

Offline LTARogue

• Copper Member
Helping Brothers out
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:15:48 PM »
Just a quick post to thank those of you veterans who take a moment to give friendly advice and training tips to those who are trying to improve their skills in a certain area which for me was flying fighters (well killing other planes to be more specific since that is where I am most lacking). No comments from the peanut gallery either  :t  I am not referring to training your own sqaud mates, which is also appreciated, but going above and beyond even by helping someone from the "other side" who you just got done whupping. If you see something that could be helpful to that person, and they are receptive then help them out. I personally want to thank A8Moray for this the other day and to let him know that his help was greatly appreciated, especially after I was kind of a butt-head to him on 200. I have improved alot with what you told me. This kind of stuff only makes this a much better game for everybody.   :salute

PS: So if any of you kick arse pilots wish to give me more good advice, in the spirit of the holidays, please feel free  :aok

LTARogue

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Re: Helping Brothers out
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
I will resist the many opportunities to make light of your Post Rogue... We have some good fighter pilots in our squad, including a RW Harrier pilot from the USMC. Feel free to look me up in the MA, and we can wing up.
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 01:14:45 PM »
Most of the vets will give you some advice if you ask, and if you don't fight them like a weenie.

I've gone head to head with alot of the...strong personalities...from the forums, and they've all been willing to provide advice; Dedalos, Storch, Larry, Hub, and so on.

While I prefer to preserve my virtual life whenever possible, sometimes it is worthwhile to stick with a losing fight in order to learn some lessons.

:salute
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »
Which vet taught you how to make hangers stop smoking at will?  (j/k, though seriously, that smoking hanger deciding not to smoke any more at the last worst possible second really didn't help me in that last straffing pass yesterday... but neither did your aim, shooting off my tail and wing tip :furious ).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.