Author Topic: B-25J  (Read 892 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: B-25J
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 08:49:02 PM »
I shot a me262 in a B25H once with the tailgun  :lol

I HO'd dedalos with the 75mm cannon once.  One minute he was there guns blazing in his Bf 110 and then the next minute nothing but a few pieces of debris floating down.  Though, he returned the favor the next flight, I missed with a d1.0 shot, just passing under his nose.  :cry

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 08:51:15 PM »
And all of them were probably from a gun position and not through any 'dogfighting' so NEARY is correct.  The B-25H is fodder for a fighter unless the fighter pilot is dumb enough to saddle on the dead six position.  It's not like the A-20 that can be swung around like a fighter.

I've shot down more planes in a B-25H than you have but I am not under any false illusions that it can stand toe to toe against a fighter.

ack-ack

Been flying the B-25 since it's release (can ask most any of Precision) and I gotta half agree with you.  The B25 is by no means a good dog fighter, but it is possible to dogfight with it and get kills from such.  Takes a lot of work that's for sure, and about 90% of the people flying can out-maneuver the B25, just a matter of luck and dumb pilots on the other end and aim. :D
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 10:29:33 PM »
I agree but I bet someone will tell you that "their are other country's plane sets that need to be addressed first"

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 12:54:21 AM »
Funny part about this request is the J wouldn't add anything the H doesn't have.  I commend HTC for thinking a bit outside the box and giving us the  earlier birds as well as the H with the same tail, waist and top turret as the J would have. as well as the 75mm nose gun.    There is nothing you could do in a J in AH that you can't do in an H.  The mix of the 25C and H covers all the bases quite well for the 25.

And last I checked it's a B25 not and P25 or even and A25 so it's not meant to be a dogfighter.  Not that I don't go looking for trouble in a light B25C strafer now and then.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 06:45:49 AM »
The best thing is getting a fighter to play dogfight with you.. And just as he's got his hands full midway through a maneuver like the top of a messy barrel roll, you suddenly settle the B25 into auto pilot and spam the fighter with the defensive guns from point blank.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 05:06:49 PM »
Funny part about this request is the J wouldn't add anything the H doesn't have.  I commend HTC for thinking a bit outside the box and giving us the  earlier birds as well as the H with the same tail, waist and top turret as the J would have. as well as the 75mm nose gun.    There is nothing you could do in a J in AH that you can't do in an H.  The mix of the 25C and H covers all the bases quite well for the 25.

And last I checked it's a B25 not and P25 or even and A25 so it's not meant to be a dogfighter.  Not that I don't go looking for trouble in a light B25C strafer now and then.

I would like the B-25J for a level bombing purpose in AHII. I do it in the 25C, but I dont like the fact that I'm completely unprotected. IF we were to get the B-25J, taking down a VH so we can take a base back... etc would be much handier. Whenever I do bomb, I use the 25C because of it's speed and ability to climb.  :salute
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »

The J had a bombsight, didn't it?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »
I would like the B-25J for a level bombing purpose in AHII. I do it in the 25C, but I dont like the fact that I'm completely unprotected. IF we were to get the B-25J, taking down a VH so we can take a base back... etc would be much handier. Whenever I do bomb, I use the 25C because of it's speed and ability to climb.  :salute

The defenses in the J/H aren't really that much better. The turret IMO is rather badly placed and provides insufficient coverage to the rear, and absolutely none under the tail. The tailgun itself is highly vulnerable which exacerbates this. There's been a number of times I've lost my tail gun in the H really quickly, and an enemy could get out of reach of the turret below my tail much more easily.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »

So take B26s?  bigger bomb load anyway and plenty of guns out the back :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »
Yea, but they're not updated, and too many updated planes have spoiled me! :lol
No one knows what the future may bring.