Author Topic: Another one... (or: how to get to the top!)  (Read 8755 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Another one... (or: how to get to the top!)
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »
The new score pages are the best thing ever for this community.

Quoted for truth.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline High Cap

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 02:58:29 PM »
 You guys know when they are flying those Thunderbolts they will kill you in heart beat on GV bases. 

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 04:17:43 PM »
You obviously haven't spent much time studying how to "game" the game.  Top 100 in any rank is pretty easy once you figure out how to maximize your score in each category.  It by no means will be much fun though.
I could be ranked in the teens or even less in gvs,attack and bombers but that don't interest me. Fighter mode is a whole different ball game IMO. I know there's guys in the game that will avoid a good fight at all costs, but to be able to get in a furball and mix it up and come out the other side with 8 or 10 kills takes skill that I just don't have right now. I'll get there eventually I hope. It's just a silly goal of mine.
 But when kids, or maybe even adults, come in and vulch their accounts, they're screwing with the only tool I have (rank system) to measure my ability against others in the AcesHigh community. It's frustrating and muddys the water, so to speak.
 To me there's rank and earned rank. There's several guys on this bbs that have out right cartoon skill. I have my own top 100 list and HT has his. :salute

Lighten up Francis

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 04:31:51 PM »
I rate myself on how many holes it takes to make me crash... yes I count fast!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 05:37:30 PM »
Making a mockery of the people who do this on range so everyone will know who they are may help shy them away from doing it further. Chances are they don't come to these boards and have no idea they have been caught.

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 06:04:46 PM »
You obviously haven't spent much time studying how to "game" the game.  Top 100 in any rank is pretty easy once you figure out how to maximize your score in each category.  It by no means will be much fun though.

I guess it depends on what you consider "fun". I happen to like killing the bad guys, so most of the scoring system applies to me as being "fun". Apparently I consider flying an IL-2 "fun" this tour, accounting for nearly 1/3 of my total kills so far. The Sherman is my second "fun" ride this tour. (Can someone tell me why a Zero would try to strafe a Sherman? You'd think when they're looking down a 76mm barrel they'd be smart enough to go somewhere else.) I can remember when I didn't know GV's were fun, but that was before I learned I could drive my tank onto an enemy airfield and wreak all kinds of havoc, so again, it depends on what you consider "fun".

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
I tried to get kills on a shade account once....but he Ho'd me right back to the tower. :uhoh
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2008, 01:46:45 AM »
Making a mockery of the people who do this on range so everyone will know who they are may help shy them away from doing it further. Chances are they don't come to these boards and have no idea they have been caught.

Older discussion but I have a follow up of me calling out madcap71 on range.  My favorite part is when he attempts to prove to me how Uber he is by how many kills he has racked up on Snailman and Pacerr?  :rofl Enjoy.
http://files.filefront.com/md71rantahf/;12486764;/fileinfo.html

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2008, 02:17:18 AM »
  My favorite part is when he attempts to prove to me how Uber he is by how many kills he has racked up on Snailman and Pacerr? 

Since when is killing the Snailman an indicator of skillz in this game?

:rofl

"Why don't you cross reference how many times I shot down Snailman vs what he shot me (...) And you will find the results are staggering!"

Indeed they are. During the last two years (22 tours), madcap71 has shot mw down exactly 2 times. And I have killed him 2 times.

Absolutely staggering indeed.

Especially when compared to his 291 kills vs poopdeck in only 3 tours...

:noid

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2008, 02:24:31 AM »
Since when is killing the Snailman an indicator of skillz in this game?

I didn't mean to imply it isn't an indication of skill to kill you(if I did).  I just thought it was hysterical he was trying to justify his shade killing by rattling off pilots names he has killed.  The results are quite staggering though...thanks for the tip MADCAP71.  And when DMBear made a joke about him changing his name he said adamantly I'm not changing MY name.  So good news, we can continue our fun with him.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2008, 02:27:39 AM »
I know... I was merely quoting madcap  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2008, 09:18:02 AM »
What really pisses me off about these guys that kill their shades is, i've worked my butt off in this game to get into the top 100 in fighter rank and can never get there because guys like these. I go out and get some kills landed in fighter mode and the next day my fighter rank goes south. WTF man! :furious I try to learn tactics,practice turns and merges, fight when I know I can't win.......and for what! Some arse-hole can shoot himself in a dark corner of the map for 2 hours and make me look like I ain't learning squat after 36 tours of flying the same damned plane! :furious

So true... :aok

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
LOL Grizz     Good job on calling him out. :rofl  :aok   To bad he denied any knowledge of what you were talking about. Would have made all the difference if he would have come clean and just said "yeah it was a mistake, doubt you'll see me do it again". Instead he denied any knowledge of it, .... what a joke.

Worst part was him trying to use Snailman and pacer kills to validate his worthiness. Staggering I tell you!

I just can't stand cheaters and find it really hard to tolerate them without saying something :mad:

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »
LOL Grizz     Good job on calling him out. :rofl  :aok   To bad he denied any knowledge of what you were talking about. Would have made all the difference if he would have come clean and just said "yeah it was a mistake, doubt you'll see me do it again". Instead he denied any knowledge of it, .... what a joke.

Worst part was him trying to use Snailman and pacer kills to validate his worthiness. Staggering I tell you!

I just can't stand cheaters and find it really hard to tolerate them without saying something :mad:

Lol...If you watch the text buffer right at the beginning of the film, I ask md68 where Poopdeck is and he says "Don't need him"   :rofl