Author Topic: First new scorepage witchunt!  (Read 62579 times)

Offline DerHund

• Zinc Member
Re: First new scorepage witchunt!
« Reply #345 on: November 21, 2008, 01:26:47 PM »

Yeah, that's a hoot.  

This is a hoot.......

Energy and persistence conquer all things.  -  Benjamin Franklin

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #346 on: November 21, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »
I thought this was a whitch hunt not an apologyfest. BURN THE WHITCHES!
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #347 on: November 21, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »
Especially when an innocent is publicly decimated by the community to the point they have to terminate thier account because no one will leave them alone, in the game, or on the board.

Yeah, that's a hoot. 

And some people feel they have to ridicule others for no reason at all.
Ya know, you are right.  I think though it may be a result of a frustration of the player base when people who perform these acts seem to have no consequences.

When a player has been outed for score padding as in the case of Amsoil,  and is still listed as last months #1 ranked fighter pilot, the player base gets frustrated. With no apparent action from HTC, like anything else in life, people feel they need to take it into their own hands.  I am not saying it's right, I am saying it's a natural response to inaction by the "authorities".

I know there is a lot of talk about like "HTC doesn't mind if people have 2 accounts, it's an extra $15 in their coffers. That's why they don't do anything about people vulching second accounts."  I wonder how many people canceled because of this uncontrolled behavior?

Maybe HTC does do something about shade vulching, but their home page doesn't seem to support that assumption. 

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #348 on: November 21, 2008, 02:04:12 PM »
Ya know, you are right.  I think though it may be a result of a frustration of the player base when people who perform these acts seem to have no consequences.

When a player has been outed for score padding as in the case of Amsoil,  and is still listed as last months #1 ranked fighter pilot, the player base gets frustrated. With no apparent action from HTC, like anything else in life, people feel they need to take it into their own hands.  I am not saying it's right, I am saying it's a natural response to inaction by the "authorities".

I know there is a lot of talk about like "HTC doesn't mind if people have 2 accounts, it's an extra $15 in their coffers. That's why they don't do anything about people vulching second accounts."  I wonder how many people canceled because of this uncontrolled behavior?

Maybe HTC does do something about shade vulching, but their home page doesn't seem to support that assumption. 

It's a business alright. Maybe they'll get rid of the new scoring system, how many dollars has and will it lose them outing shadekillers and shades?
"I wonder how many people canceled because of this uncontrolled behavior?"

Yea, and if they did remove the new scoring pages because it wasn't intended for "witchhunts" (leading to canceled accounts and less profit, despite the nature of the account holders) then I'm sure as hell not resubbing.

Offline DerHund

• Zinc Member
« Reply #349 on: November 21, 2008, 02:09:39 PM »
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:noid
Energy and persistence conquer all things.  -  Benjamin Franklin

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #350 on: November 21, 2008, 02:22:10 PM »
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:noid

Welcome to the forums newcomer. I see you have started making excellent contributions already! I am sure you have never been here before.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2008, 02:26:23 PM »

No apparent action from HTC eh?  Sorry, but that is my task to deal with and I opted to work on the stats pages instead.  Forgive me for wanting to really put forth an effort to improve things for everyone.  We are a small company and all of us wear multiple hats.  It is the nature of how we want to deal with this.

My priorities may not coincide with yours, but that is not for you to decide.  As it turns out, I still need to write some support programs to help deal with folks who game the score system.  But instead of doing that, I will waste the rest of the day appeasing people who are threatening us.  Now you know why we do not post up what we are doing in a dev blog, or some such nonsense.  It takes away from dev time.  Enough to make a huge difference.

The player coming in making threats based on his/her own skepticism, instead of asking any questions to the people that are being threatened.  You want to close your account because it was too much trouble to ask us any questions, then go for it.  You want to close you account because we do not disclose what we do with these players, then close it.

This thread is done.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com