Author Topic: match up requests  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: match up requests
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »
P-39D VS P-40B

Early war Allison power.... what is not to like. :D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 05:15:18 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 06:57:59 PM »
Bump cuz i wanna see shane & whomever fight my request. :)
See Rule #4

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 07:32:46 PM »
Bump cuz i wanna see shane & whomever fight my request. :)

i'll tell u right now the 39 should win if it's kept vertical... a scissors might be a diff story.  it should be interesting.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 07:41:13 PM »
i'll tell u right now the 39 should win if it's kept vertical... a scissors might be a diff story.  it should be interesting.
It is my belief that the 39d is better than the 40b given = pilots. Same goes for the later models.
Prove me right dang it. :D
See Rule #4

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 09:56:01 PM »
K4 vs Ki84

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/ki84-109k4.rar  - 4mb .rar file

Six fights, three in each plane each. Was a good match up. Swings always in the ki84's favour but results are not always predictable. We both flew the ki84 through different styles and at times had the possition to play with the k4, whereas the one flying the k4 was usualy fighting quite hard just to keep from getting shot up.

The first fight with shane in the ki84 Shane held fire to test what else was possible.

Some very fun fights. I hope that the flying we show here is taken for what it is worth, a fair unbiased test of two aircraft, not a demonstration of our individual styles. Though obviously to make it a controled test we would need to use many more pilots, as it is impossible not to fly to your own style to some extent, we did try to mix it up as much as we could/

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:57:45 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »
also bear in mind these are merges about 4k above the deck... with more room, i.e., starting around 10k or so, there are more options and chances to capitalize.  we do try and show what these non-typical turners can do when pressed.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline abc123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 11:22:35 PM »
109G2 vs 109G2
109G2 vs 109F4
109F4 vs 109G6

In that order if at all possible.  Thanks.
Tree: 73 Myself:  0

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 07:33:00 AM »
http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/ki84-109k4.rar  - 4mb .rar file

Six fights, three in each plane each. Was a good match up. Swings always in the ki84's favour but results are not always predictable. We both flew the ki84 through different styles and at times had the possition to play with the k4, whereas the one flying the k4 was usualy fighting quite hard just to keep from getting shot up.

The first fight with shane in the ki84 Shane held fire to test what else was possible.

Some very fun fights. I hope that the flying we show here is taken for what it is worth, a fair unbiased test of two aircraft, not a demonstration of our individual styles. Though obviously to make it a controled test we would need to use many more pilots, as it is impossible not to fly to your own style to some extent, we did try to mix it up as much as we could/

Don't know about the unbiased Bat.  The pilot is always a bigger factor than the plane.  For example, if you wanted to test 190s or P38s or a Yak and you stuck me in one of those bathtubs  :D, I would still be fighting them like a spitfire.  My personal stile (and aim lol) would be messing with results for sure.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 08:12:46 AM »
Don't know about the unbiased Bat.  The pilot is always a bigger factor than the plane.  For example, if you wanted to test 190s or P38s or a Yak and you stuck me in one of those bathtubs  :D, I would still be fighting them like a spitfire.  My personal stile (and aim lol) would be messing with results for sure.

which is sort of why we're trying to show just how close to the egde these bathtubs can go.  the 109k should easily dominate (not necessarily an easy kill) ki-84 with more appropriate tactics, even with a co-alt/e merge... same for some of the other matchups.

I fly all planes fairly similarly, pushing them when needed (and often when not, lol), because i've spent so much time on that edge, some planes do better than others, but all of them are capable of surprising you (generic).

This is the advantage AH provides us, the ability to practice, learn from our mistakes and fine tune our skills.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 02:09:32 PM »
*taps foot   :D
See Rule #4

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 09:07:10 AM »