Author Topic: Got to love tuesdays  (Read 946 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Re: Got to love tuesdays
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:50 AM »
Have to agree that Midwar is the place to be. Funny, seems it was easier to find a fight with just 34 players as oposed to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

I try and do Midwar on Tuesdays, too.

As far as it being harder to find a fight- at least a good one- in Latewar, that often seems to be the case with me.

I think it's just the large maps. I hate the large maps, which is the main reason I try and go straight to Midwar on Tuesdays, or whenever there's a large map being used in Latewar.

Of course, then it really sucks when you show up at Midwar and there's no bases flashing and nothing seems to be going on. That's what happened to me yesterday. Then what do you do?

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 12:08:58 PM »
I agree with everything xtyger just typed.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »

Of course, then it really sucks when you show up at Midwar and there's no bases flashing and nothing seems to be going on. That's what happened to me yesterday. Then what do you do?

Start your own fight.  Start egging a base and you'll soon have defenders upping and now you've got a fight.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 01:44:20 PM »
There are some really huge maps on the LWAs that I really don't like to fly in for more than an hour or two.  Whenever that is the case, I take off for the MWA if there is more than 20 people on it, and it never lets me down.  It's amazing what a difference a good map can make, even with a minute-fraction of the players that the LWA has. 

I really don't like some of the huge maps on the LWA, and the worse part about them imo is that because they are so huge and nobody wants to put in more than one or two hours on them in a night/session, the same map stays up for days.

I'd be pretty happy though if the LWAs got some of the MWA's maps, or if the MWA started seeing player population numbers that are half of what you'd normaly find on the LWAs (though the later would probably negatively impact  the great 1v1s that a lot of players are fond of in the MWA).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »
hit the knit bases to start with but bring a few friends because when they realize someones attacking there base the horde will up they tend to get a little. :noid

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 04:28:17 PM »
More discos today then Iv had in the last three months.  :rolleyes:

Break out the white leisure suit Larry, You Lounge Lizard you!
 :rofl :rofl :lol :lol :rofl :rofl
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.