Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 3997 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Nothing to see here, move along
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »
Yes, I have a problem with fat people. They eat too much and take up too much space!  :lol

:rofl
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 05:33:11 PM »
LMAO, I see they are declairing their own personal Dueling Arena again;  Like I mentioned before, just a few more flushes and the arena may attract more people again.

LMAO!

Speaking of rented mules

RTR
The Damned

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 05:35:36 PM »
What you are describing is a perfect match for the Dueling Arena. Are you aware of this? Is it that you want a dueling arena and the historical gameplay? If so you can duel all you want with friends but still you have no right to tell people how they should play the arena since it's not a dueling arena.

HTC's description of the arena says:

"The Axis versus Allies arena is set up for historical gameplay.  There is a two sided war, a limited plane set, and reduced radar."

Nothing more, nothing less.

Do you know what a duel even is? Its a 1v1 with the same loadout and fuel.

I don't need you to tell me what the HTC description is of the AvA. Iv probably logged more hours in there alone then you have in the entire game. Iv been through its ups and downs. Where were you when it was 1v1 or 2v2 every night after AH2 came out almost killed it? So please don't tell me how the arena "should" be because if it wasn't for people like us who kept the CT/AvA alive after AH2 there wouldn't be one around today.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
  LOL Larry, y'all need to switch to decaf; is that a bead of sweat or a tear?
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 05:44:17 PM »
  LOL Larry, y'all need to switch to decaf; is that a bead of sweat or a tear?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,249309.0.html
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 05:47:52 PM »

Do you know what a duel even is? Its a 1v1 with the same loadout and fuel.

I don't need you to tell me what the HTC description is of the AvA. Iv probably logged more hours in there alone then you have in the entire game. Iv been through its ups and downs. Where were you when it was 1v1 or 2v2 every night after AH2 came out almost killed it? So please don't tell me how the arena "should" be because if it wasn't for people like us who kept the CT/AvA alive after AH2 there wouldn't be one around today.

Is it even possible to be more self-righteous than that? I think not.

If you want to have a grown up discussion you'll need to produce more than rants.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2008, 05:49:10 PM »
Poor Billy Ocean   :cry

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2008, 05:50:29 PM »
Yes, I have a problem with fat people. They eat too much and take up too much space!  :lol

If or when I go to the AvA I'm there for the fights. I'm not the bomber type of guy. Predominantly a D-9 pilot I do what that a/c is best at, dominate from higher alt. The D-9 is no dogfighter, it's fast and hit hard. If you have a problem with that it's not my problem, is all I'm saying.

The Dora eh?  Yep I have a bit of time in that too (although quite a while ago). Yes it does dominate at higher altitude. Don't get me wrong, We don't expect everyone to merge CO-Alt, but carrying 5 or 6 K altitude over your opponent is a waste of climb time. The Dora is a much more capable fighter than I think you give it credit for. It isn't a knife fighter, that's for sure, but it does some fairly handy close in work if you let it, and doesn't need a high perch to sit on. There are some sticks in here who have handed me my butt on a platter with that bird, and in some cases it was like a knife fight in a phone booth.

Carry a bit of altitude? Sure, use its advantages. Just don't see the need for 10K is all.

As far as fat people go, don't get behind them in the buffet line and don't buy wicker furniture. ;)

RTR
The Damned

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2008, 05:50:32 PM »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 05:58:01 PM »
Wow, at some point between when I took a break (about 4 months ago) and now the environment here has gotten even more volatile.  (I thought it not possible!)

Lutrel, surely you don't hate all JG-54, I'd still like to see a monthly B-52 image, and Vortex used to be IN JG-54 so you can't hate us all either.  Either I'm getting early oldtimers or some foul things have transpired that I'm completely oblivious to.   :noid
P-47 pilot

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 06:05:39 PM »
Wow, at some point between when I took a break (about 4 months ago) and now the environment here has gotten even more volatile.  (I thought it not possible!)

Lutrel, surely you don't hate all JG-54, I'd still like to see a monthly B-52 image, and Vortex used to be IN JG-54 so you can't hate us all either.  Either I'm getting early oldtimers or some foul things have transpired that I'm completely oblivious to.   :noid
It's not all that bad, I don't think. Other than this thread and the one skuzzy locked it's been pretty nice in here.... it's certainly been pretty quiet online...

At this point I think it's just gotten down to old rivalries which just need to die.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2008, 06:05:56 PM »

guess you're done then.

No, you are. Obviously we are not agreeing on a number of things. For one you can't even quote me correctly. You see what you want to see. I percieve that as a weakness. Of course you won't agree and I don't expect you to. If you consider this forum bashing a game, or something that you enjoy, I pity you.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 06:08:28 PM »
Some just don't understand Mr. Jeager's sense of humor.  :rolleyes:

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »