Author Topic: What Happened to a Skin  (Read 752 times)

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
What Happened to a Skin
« on: December 02, 2008, 05:57:10 PM »
There was a skin for the P47 D-11 in 325FG colors, but now it is not there?  We have a few that are from the same group and squadron, but this one got deleted somehow.  Is there anything that can be done?
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: What Happened to a Skin
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:01:59 PM »
There were more then 15 skins so they rotate some in and out of the game every skin pack update.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline fyvsix

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »
Larry, do you know why they have such a crappy skin limit? Can we get them to give us an option to have lots more skins if we have the machine for it? 15 skin limit is retarted!
Schiling in game Cave Tonitrum!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 07:54:53 PM »
You would have to ask HTC that because I really couldnt tell you, but I wish they would let people choose how many skins per plane they want. Im running 3gigs of memory and I would like unlimited skins.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 08:01:13 PM »
You would have to ask HTC that because I really couldnt tell you, but I wish they would let people choose how many skins per plane they want. Im running 3gigs of memory and I would like unlimited skins.

Yes Please.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 08:20:53 PM »
Agreed.

Offline fyvsix

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 11:14:28 AM »

6 gigs here, I think I figured it out once and could support something like 46,000 skins. Any one from HTC reading this? I suggest you make a checkbox for loading skins, unlimited, 30, 15, none. What better use for 500 gigs of hard drive space then to fill it with every skin created?
Schiling in game Cave Tonitrum!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 12:08:43 PM »
Larry, do you know why they have such a crappy skin limit? Can we get them to give us an option to have lots more skins if we have the machine for it? 15 skin limit is retarted!

I believe it is due to refresh time in game.  Every time you encounter a different skin in game, your computer needs to find it and display it.  For people with crappy computers, like me, this takes time, which means lag and freezes.  The more different skins there are, the more loading and refreshing and more lag.

I'm probably wrong, but that's how I understand it.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 03:54:16 PM »
I wish they would let us choose the 15 skins we want to use and have more in a so called "library".  That way we can have a larger number of skins but only enable certain ones that each individual wants??
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||