Author Topic: Internet Explorer Crashes on Closing  (Read 668 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Internet Explorer Crashes on Closing
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 12:57:30 AM »
Throwing yourself behind a hardware firewall (IE, a router) is generally a good idea, even if you don't need one for multiple ports/wireless/ect.

Im getting wireless internet from a router in the other room. Will that help?

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 01:00:51 AM »
So long as you've got some sort of wireless encryption going on, it helps quite a bit. For the paranoid people, WEP is rather weak. AES/TKIP encryption with a "keyword" (it's used to generate the encryption key) that isn't a dictionary word (mine is a scramble of Erika's, mom's, and my passwords all rattled around) is one of those military-strength things that will keep people from getting into your network from across the street.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 02:01:38 AM »
So long as you've got some sort of wireless encryption going on, it helps quite a bit. For the paranoid people, WEP is rather weak. AES/TKIP encryption with a "keyword" (it's used to generate the encryption key) that isn't a dictionary word (mine is a scramble of Erika's, mom's, and my passwords all rattled around) is one of those military-strength things that will keep people from getting into your network from across the street.

I live in the quietest place on the bloody island. We don't lock doors, and you actually have people who might come over for a cup of sugar. Security from the guy across the street is no issue.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 02:04:39 AM »
In that case, from a hardware standpoint, you're fine.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.