Author Topic: New computer or should I wait?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: New computer or should I wait?
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2009, 12:28:52 AM »
The solution may be as simple as re-formatting.  It's worth a try and doesn't cost anything.

Did that too, no luck. 
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2009, 01:00:55 AM »
Good Luck Den... Hope you get this fixed!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 01:31:09 AM by drdeathx »
See Rule #6

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2009, 09:39:56 AM »
Yes good luck with your PS.

I just upgraded my memory to 4 gigs from 2. I noted the comment previously that applications are limited to 2g so It might seem this was a waste. My thinking was that in game memory resources would be much less with everything loaded. This is because while the game is limited to 2 gigs, the operating system needs some memory too. This has turned out to be true. I now have about 1400Megs available for windows and the full 2 GByte for AH2.

I think with the price of ram being what it is (70 bucks with a 30 dollar rebate for Corsair DDR2 Dominator) for 4 gigs it doesn't make sense not to upgrade. I think you pick up some additional headroom for cheap.

INFIDELz>

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »
Yes good luck with your PS.

I just upgraded my memory to 4 gigs from 2. I noted the comment previously that applications are limited to 2g so It might seem this was a waste. My thinking was that in game memory resources would be much less with everything loaded. This is because while the game is limited to 2 gigs, the operating system needs some memory too. This has turned out to be true. I now have about 1400Megs available for windows and the full 2 GByte for AH2.

I think with the price of ram being what it is (70 bucks with a 30 dollar rebate for Corsair DDR2 Dominator) for 4 gigs it doesn't make sense not to upgrade. I think you pick up some additional headroom for cheap.

INFIDELz>

Infidelz
When you are playing Aces High.  Can you press <CONTROL> + I keys.
Please either post a screen shot or simply state how much SYSTEM MEMORY Aces High says it's using?

Thank you.
Time's fun when you're having flies.