Author Topic: The greatest Spit I Ace ever!  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Re: The greatest Spit I Ace ever!
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:11 PM »
The Cowboys From Hell squad were called out in a post like this at the end of last camp for the same behavior.  I spoke to one of them on-line last week and guess what.  He was a grown man, not a kid.

The Cowboys From Hell had their scores adjusted by Skuzzy, taking out all of their shade kills.

The month prior, Amsoil21 was called out in a thread like this and his scores were adjusted, taking out all of his shade kills.

It seems to me that HTC also want's to maintain the integrity of their game. 

I don't know about you but I don't really like to play games against cheaters and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this.  If you enjoy it, more power to you.  Have fun when it's only you and them left.

Just e-mail Skuzz next time then :aok

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2008, 06:43:51 PM »
It was that in my opinion-these "grown men" were crying about it because it was effecting them and it wasn't "fair" to THEM.
Bucky, do you really believe that AKAK, Stang, Lusche, and others who have been there and done that with regards to scoring and topping 95% of the arenas in furballing and ground attack and fighter sweeps, really are envious of some tardlets with barely anything memorable  about em except some 'special' number next to their name?  That they post about players pooping where everyone eats with tears in their eyes?  Do you let your kids borrow your car and wreck it into retirement homes over and over because 'kids will be kids'?

Merely being tardlets and dweebs isnt the issue here.. It's devaluating the game's elements, regardless of which one it is (scoring or hording or exploiting bugs or outright cheating or polluting vox, etc), no matter whether they're your type of play or not. 'Out of sight, out of mind' doesnt really work in AH. The AH world is just too small for anything to get out of hand without everything else suffering from it at least a bit.

And I personaly dont give a rat's. I never look at scoring except when I have to land jets on CVs, don't care about winning the war or getting perks from it, nor anything else I can think of right now, except having some good fights.  But I do see an erosion on the game when people skew score into absolute meaninglessness, or when they poison the game with rumors and suspicions caused by ponies dropping 50 million lbs of bombs, or when some armchair general dweeb stirs clueless noobs into suicide porking sweeps. There`s nothing to gain from letting that happen, not in downplaying it as negligible because without consequences.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 06:50:13 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2008, 06:48:52 PM »
No, I don't believe that. My point exactly. Why bring it up on the boards. And again the car thing. Kids play games, grown up drive cars thats REALITY. I wouldn't let my KID borrow my car at all even if she didn't wreck it into a retirement home. :rofl :huh

Read my above post :aok

I do agree that gameplay has definately went downhill. If I don't see guys on like Stang, Creton, SR,  and also Corky and the rest of his gang and a few others then I get bummed because I like the way they play. Having fun and mixin' it up a bit not caring if the "land kills". Win or lose, it's still a bit satisfying as far as gaming goes.  :salute 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 06:53:56 PM by Bucky73 »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »
Was editing for like half an hour while you replied :P
gotta run, dead tired. <S>
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »

So, your sure he would have kept stealing if you didn't make him give it back? These guys aren't stealing anything from anybody. Just score. I would hope my kid would know the difference between reality where it really effects someone and games where no matter what your rank is, in the end it pretty much means nothing. Those that believe gaming is real are the ones you read about in the news.  I see my kid play games on X-box and she drives her car into the wall for fun sometimes. Do, you think she will do it when she grows up if I don't stop her now?

Think not :aok

I don't know they are kids but you don't know they aren't. I just assumed most grown ups wouldn't act this way anymore. MOST :lol

Good lord Bucky you miss the point. You just don't get it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2008, 12:01:33 AM »
Bucky you keep referring to this person as a kid.  The chances are this is likely to be an adult in full time employment.  Know any kids that have an allowance to pay $30 to $45 per month?  Better still know any parent that would condone such a self indulgence?

If this game got a reputation for less than honest play would folk still pay to play?  If in 2 yrs time you log in and the arena is 25% run tard skilless tempies would you still pay to play?  If I ran a steaming hot bath for you then pissed in it would you still bath? 

Yes this is JUST a game.  I can't for the life of me think of a game that doesn't have either goals, tactics, competition or sense of achievement.  So why do folk find it necessary to shoot the living watermelon out of a shade instead of just PLAYING the game.   If your gonna tell me it's just for the chits and jiggles I would believe that if this guy just shot his shade once or twice but 200+ times isn't chits an jiggles mate.  This isn't inverted flight through the hangers or getting air in ya 90MPH hill jumping panzer.  For those of us that earn our perkies fighting / playing this is nothing short of the finger.  Think about that next time your cherry picked by a perk plane.

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2008, 12:36:57 AM »
*deleted ...not gonna bother
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:40:14 AM by Bucky73 »

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2008, 12:46:25 AM »
*deleted ...not gonna bother

That hole is deep enough for you, good call on stopping the digging process.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2008, 01:52:30 AM »
I'll be here in the real world if ya need me. :aok