Author Topic: Kills: duke it out or quick and easy?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Kills: duke it out or quick and easy?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 04:05:35 AM »
Rogent, if its you, I'ma gonna kill you as quick as possible - otherwise you'll outfly and then kill me lol.......

Seriously tho, it depends on the situation - given I dive into a lot of red's, I'm looking to reduce the numbers firing at me as quickly as possible - if I come across a single red and get engaged, i'm looking at increasing my skills by trying to kill him from his 6 (or at least from behind his 3 - 9 line anyway).

Nice to see ya back mate,

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 04:18:05 AM »
I play the SA game (max thinking min physical effort). I prefer my kills like they most often happened in real with first bounce to an unknown victim. I am most **ssed when at some rare occasions someone kills me without me even noticing him :) I also respect those who can do that to me. Naturally there are sometimes AFK kills amoung the bounces, which are a slight bore, but it's not my fault if they fail to be there to see their deaths ;). The best ones are those where one clearly sees how the victim is trying to wiggle at the last moments  :t

When I need to be engaged in serious furball, my SA has already failed me or I am just fooling around without caring much about possible enemies above me. To me that is the arcade side of an otherwise sim-like game.

Yes, I try to land my kills.

Fortunately this game affords us all to play it differently. I only wish all people would grant everyone else their liberty to choose their own style without whining  :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:22:29 AM by BlauK »

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 08:58:25 AM »
Duke it out. 

I'd rather "die" in a good fight then land 10 I didn't work for.

:aok

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 09:05:03 AM »
I'm more of a tactics and marksmanship guy than a dogfighter, so I prefer to work for a quick and easy, if that makes any sense. Set the guy up for a hard hammer blow or draw him into making a stupid mistake and then smash him to pieces. To my mind, getting drawn into a furball or drawn down into a slow knife fight on the deck means a failure in planning or wrong tactics.

Nothing against guys who prefer fights like that (they make great bait) but its just not for me.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 09:08:08 AM »
Duke it out. 

I'd rather "die" in a good fight then land 10 I didn't work for.

DIDO :salute
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 09:09:17 AM »
Duke it out, but the MA rarely affords you the chance to do it often. I find myself rolling for 10 sec's then looking for the a picker diving form the mothership.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 09:10:49 AM »
I'd rather duke it out.  The realy great fights to be had can be found in 3v1s and more.  Even if you die...
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 09:15:00 AM »
Duke it out......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 09:26:12 AM »
Zazen's shortest post, ever.    :D

Ditto. You notice he didn't mention his alt.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 09:27:38 AM »
I'm more of a tactics and marksmanship guy than a dogfighter, so I prefer to work for a quick and easy, if that makes any sense. Set the guy up for a hard hammer blow or draw him into making a stupid mistake and then smash him to pieces. To my mind, getting drawn into a furball or drawn down into a slow knife fight on the deck means a failure in planning or wrong tactics.

Nothing against guys who prefer fights like that (they make great bait) but its just not for me.

I'm with Treize most of the time in MA fights.  Occasionally if I'm in a good low speed turner though I'm happy to see a fight head that way :)  Entirely dependent on situation.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 09:51:45 AM »
I know everyone has their own desire of what they would prefer to have while playing this game. Being that some guys don't care about working for the kill, and others do. I would have this set for poll but because I can't figure out or have the opinion to do it, i'll just do this way. I personally fly the pony (like everyone didn't know that one) so I usually do the whole B/Z but if I can get 1vs1, i'll definetly get down and dirty and work for it.

Would you rather:

Kills quick and easy?

Work for it?

rather have a fun fight, regardless of outcome.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 09:58:23 AM »
They don't call them fighter aces for nothing....would always rather fight! :rock

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 10:06:33 AM »
well I try to kill them as quick as possable!!

for I know there are many more where he came from,

two nights ago in the Late war MA, I got into 3 great 1vs1 in a row I was immpressed.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
I would say every fight is a duke it out, just look at my fighter score!  :lol  Even though I get shot down a lot, I learn a little more each time.  Eventually it should pay off... I think?   :uhoh
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 11:19:04 AM »
For me it depends. If I'm in a hostile area in a 190D and I run into a buncha bandits I'll BnZ. If I catch another 190 or P-47, or P-51 while I'm in a 190D I'll prefer to tangle with them. If I'm in a 109 I'll just rush in taking on 1 vs multiple. If my objective is to provide air cover for a strike package over an air field for a take over, then I'll do w/e it take to keep air superiority over the area. If I'm on a ground pounding sorty such as a 110, I'll most likely try to avoid air to air and work on the town. But bandits are welcome, If they come at me I'd fight them off. If not I'll leave them alone and work on the town.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'