Author Topic: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(  (Read 9200 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Re: MWA as bad as any other arena now:(
« Reply #270 on: December 12, 2008, 11:01:08 AM »
  May as well enjoy what you can from it. Its about the only game out there online that I like. The only thing "wrong" with it for me, is that not everyone wants to play the same way I do. Nothing HTC can do to fix that. Maybe find an arena with like minded folks and shame any non conformers out of it? I dont know.

~AoM~

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #271 on: December 12, 2008, 11:11:43 AM »
Filth, Thats whay I liked about the AvA a while back. It has changed since then, but still fun to fly there.
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2008, 11:32:02 AM »
Since were talking about HO's, the other nite in the arena i was in a LaLa up against a spit. I lost e and was trying to get some distance when i looked in the back the spit was leaving also, so i went after him. He turned and came streaight on so i fired a burst and tried to sidestep, heard a bang and got the message so and so has collided with me. Shortly i had a kill message----- i checked, no damage to me, so is this a glitch or what?  :uhoh

there is a thread going on right now about the collission modeling that if you read it will explain all of this for you. its called "fix the collission"

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,253487.0.html

this may shed some light on it for ya

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline odiemus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #273 on: December 12, 2008, 11:35:26 AM »
Thanks Flotsom, all explained :aok
Member, on and off and on and off since 2002,
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »
Thanks Flotsom, all explained :aok

now, here's the thing with collisions.
there was a set of ju88's attacking our cv. they were on the deck.....less then 100ft alt. i was flying so low, i was kicking up wakes. first pass, i took the left drone. second pass, i went for the lead. i pulled off target at less then 100 yards. on my screen we missed, albiet barley. i got a white message saying "XXX has collided with you". i took no damage from this. to me we missed. so why should i take damage just because he saw it?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2008, 11:56:58 AM »
Since were talking about HO's, the other nite in the arena i was in a LaLa up against a spit. I lost e and was trying to get some distance when i looked in the back the spit was leaving also, so i went after him. He turned and came streaight on so i fired a burst and tried to sidestep, heard a bang and got the message so and so has collided with me. Shortly i had a kill message----- i checked, no damage to me, so is this a glitch or what?  :uhoh
its not a glitch. what it is is his computer saw a collision, yours didnt;therefore he got the collision, and you came away insctahed (unless he hit you, witch it doesn't sound like he did). if it had said in Orange text "You have Collided" then you would have gotten the damage.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #276 on: December 12, 2008, 11:59:08 AM »
Filth quit turning in front of my 38 :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #277 on: December 12, 2008, 12:26:52 PM »
there was a set of ju88's attacking our cv. they were on the deck.....less then 100ft alt. i was flying so low, i was kicking up wakes. first pass, i took the left drone. second pass, i went for the lead. i pulled off target at less then 100 yards. on my screen we missed, albiet barley. i got a white message saying "XXX has collided with you". i took no damage from this. to me we missed. so why should i take damage just because he saw it?

Obviously the game is set so you will not take damage if you don’t see the collision on your end but there is a cheesy side to that.

I was in B-24s and attacked by an enemy fighter (don’t remember the type).  He got both drones and shot-up my remaining bomber to the point I only had one engine running.  The only gun still functioning was the nose turret.  Apparently he was out of ammo as well because he started flying very erratically near me in an attempt to cause a collision on my end that would finish my bomber and give him that final kill.  He eventually ran out of gas and I was able to land at a nearby field.

I hate it when I take damage in a collision when flying bombers.  I’m flying straight and level and the fighters are the ones doing the ramming.  I would have been mad if the enemy fighter had succeeded in killing me with a collision.  But, if I were a better shot with the defensive guns, the fighters would not get close enough to cause a collision.  So maybe things even out.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #278 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:17 PM »
The germans started ramming our bombers later in the war. Both took damage.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2008, 12:46:02 PM »
that's why i fly there pretty much exclusivly. it doesn't mean i'm not as good as the lw guys(even though i'm not). it just means i prefer the "atmosphere" in there.

almost forgot. MW was fun tonight, 'cept for skalpo breaking my shiny new p38J. and i had the supercharged blender in it too.

Cap, I have been trying out midwar, in all reality I feel paranoid there  :lol, I am constantly looking around, rolling my plane to see below me  :lol but there is no one there, I am so used to the LWAs, I was laughing at myself the other night because of it.
I have had some good fights there but I am more into fighting the hourd. I will check in from time to time, maybe we will see each other in the air.
    untill then
<S>

:D just looked at my mid war score, 9 killz 0 deaths. yup not enough action for me.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:48:52 PM by ink »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #280 on: December 12, 2008, 01:08:40 PM »

I hate it when I take damage in a collision when flying bombers.  I’m flying straight and level and the fighters are the ones doing the ramming.  I would have been mad if the enemy fighter had succeeded in killing me with a collision.  But, if I were a better shot with the defensive guns, the fighters would not get close enough to cause a collision.  So maybe things even out.

You'll find out that the majority of the time the fighter had no intention of ramming your bombers.  If you attack a buff formation and shoot the lead bomber, as soon as you jump into one of the remaining bombers, it will warp to the lead position.  While at the same time the fighter that just finished blowing up the lead buffs passes through the formation at a spot that was previously occupied by the lead buff only to collide with the buff that warped to the lead position.  It's not intentional, that's why people say don't go after the lead buff first when attacking a bomber formation.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #281 on: December 12, 2008, 01:15:02 PM »
attack a buff formation and shoot the lead bomber, as soon as you jump into one of the remaining bombers, it will warp to the lead position.  While at the same time the fighter that just finished blowing up the lead buffs passes through the formation at a spot that was previously occupied by the lead buff only to collide with the buff that warped to the lead position.

hate it when that happens :furious
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »
akak your right i was always hitting the lead bomber and sometimes getting the collision then i started hitting the 1's on the end 1st problem solved

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2008, 01:33:19 PM »

If the collision was 100% on his front end (he drove his plane into yours) he will only take damage from the collision.  This however doesn't make you immune to any damage you may of suffered immediately before, during or after the collision from his guns.  It's in the thread Flotsom linked.

You'll find out that the majority of the time the fighter had no intention of ramming your bombers.  If you attack a buff formation and shoot the lead bomber, as soon as you jump into one of the remaining bombers, it will warp to the lead position.  While at the same time the fighter that just finished blowing up the lead buffs passes through the formation at a spot that was previously occupied by the lead buff only to collide with the buff that warped to the lead position.  It's not intentional, that's why people say don't go after the lead buff first when attacking a bomber formation.

ack-ack

I personally have never had a bomber warp into me from doing that, but what I do have happen way too often is I eat a bit of debris from the bomber I just destroyed as it explodes.  I don't know if that debris causes damage though, most of the time I avoid the big chunks and hit a couple small pieces with no damage taken to my plane.  But on a couple other occasions I either hit a larger piece of debris or got shot up at the same time from one of the other drones and take damage.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.