Author Topic: Bombs away....  (Read 573 times)

Offline Steel

• Copper Member
Bombs away....
« on: December 06, 2008, 09:36:12 PM »
   Was interested in the AvA setup so I tool around for a bit and take a look at the pretty scenery.  Previously a flight SBD's and TBM's absolutly hammered our CV's. Lacking any targets or radar I up a B5N with ord for the ordnance bunkers. I reached about 4,000 feet when I heard radio calls of a noe raid. Not one to leave my comrades under fire I head towards the offending parties.

Looking low I spot a tight group of low level TBM's only miles from our CV. The rest...well here is the evidence...

After N72 and Larry were sunk I wasnt liked very much.Larry was especially kind to me and persuaded me to post these tho.....

Anyone else have similar photos?

Steel

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Bombs away....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:49:23 PM »
After N72 and Larry were sunk I wasnt liked very much.Larry was especially kind to me and persuaded me to post these tho.....

More like we got tired of you crying that we were trying to kill your "undefended" CVs. If you took some time to read the BBS or MOTD in the AvA you would have found that CVs respawn right where they are, that is if they can be sunk at all. We were practicing for this weeks mission because most of us have never tried torpedoing a CV in formation like that before. Looks to me like we interrupted your first sortie to pork radar and ord at our only land base to screw up everyones fun, but no worries you did that with your second sortie. :rolleyes:
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Steel

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 09:58:13 PM »
     First I had to create an account to even post this...so to read the AxisAllied forum is a stretch. The MOTD has no word on CV respawn, mission data, or your precious practice. A member on your own squad was able to see clearly that I intended to stop the TBM runs by porking ordnance. He failed to take the effort to even warn that I was interupting "practice". Secondly so far I havent seen it posted thats the private arena of JG54. Your own squad could have said something on country about this whole issue beforehand......take it up with him. Thanks for the warm welcome to AvA was a pleasure bombing you! My only regret was I didnt go down the center of the formation and take out the whole works!   

:devil

Steel
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 09:59:48 PM by Steel »

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »
   Nice drop there!

~AoM~

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »
   Nice drop there!
thinking same thing...wish i had that skill
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:05:31 PM »
:cry

Like I said if you took time to read up you would learn some stuff. Theres no need for someone to warn us of you since by the looks of things you just like to pork to ruin peoples fun. I don't think any ever said anything about a private arena. You just saying that make you look more and more like a shade. We did say on country that we were running a practice for this weeks mission. I hope you come back so we can make you our little squeak of the month.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 10:14:09 PM »
Who the $#$! cares.  It's a video game.  I will say it was an excellent drop with your bombs. 
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Steel

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 10:16:13 PM »
Thanks guys.....to be truthful I never thought it would work. Its tho GV's that give me trouble....guess they need to be going a little faster.

:D

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 10:32:07 PM »
Ok, that's the first time I've seen NoE aircraft taken out with a bomb.  Well done! :aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 10:39:59 PM »
"Shades Away" 

Well done Frank  :aok

Offline Steel

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 10:45:08 PM »
Is that German for hotdog?

:lol

Steel

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 01:23:13 AM »
 :rofl that's awesome! Wtg Steel :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 01:37:58 AM »
i one got killed from a bomb that hit me in the air. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group