Author Topic: The Classless Sooners  (Read 1475 times)

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
Re: The Classless Sooners
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 12:41:52 PM »
I don't think they should keep score, that way all the kids feel like winners!
:rofl
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 12:41:56 PM »
WHY is it bad to keep scoring if your able to? The game is played to win, and if a team can't stop the other team from scoring, that's their fault. Why should the winning team stop scoring then? To protect the "feelings" of the other team? We're talking full contact college football here. The days of everyone leaving the field feeling good about themselves is OVER. There is a winner and a looser, and if a team is able to beat the crap out of anouther team by 60,70,80 points then they should DO IT!!!! If the loosers feel bad, well tough, that's life, work harder so you don't suck so bad next time. If they were humiliated, they deserved it.

There is no such thing as running up the score. There is winning, and loosing. A good team, and a crappy team. The score only tells by how much.

AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »
well i have a crummy memory then, florida state is slighty acceptable  because it's the rivalry

tennesse i really didn't remeber, but you did high light a 5 yard run, and not a 30 yard pass like OU was doing. Listen everyone does it, and i know it, but in the national spotlight, with the national championship already locked up, doing it JUST to get their little record and to sort of "cheat" the BCS to get to first, i thought it was a little rude. (yes i know its not cheating the bcs, its just the stupid way college football is setup) I dunno, isnt anyone going to agree with me lol, I thought it was of poor taste given the situation.

What if Texas would of ran their scores up a little more in one or more their games?   You can think what you want about Stoops, bottom line is he is a great coach and is doing what he has to do to prevail.  OU has to damn near have a flawless season to be even get a chance.  Look at what we have, #4 picking off so called #1 and their in the game?  A little insurance isn't such a bad thing when considering the BCS BS.  Don't ya think?

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 03:16:55 PM »
hornet your really not getting my point at all

Stoops went beyond reasonable coaching logic and risked all his star players getting injured in a game that was won in the 2nd quarter, a game that since they had won, would take them to the national championship game, where one would assume you would want all of your star players. It was just a stupid move on his part. When you win, your supposed to win gracefully and with class, thats what sportsmanship is.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:12 PM »
What if Texas would of ran their scores up a little more in one or more their games?   You can think what you want about Stoops, bottom line is he is a great coach and is doing what he has to do to prevail.  OU has to damn near have a flawless season to be even get a chance.  Look at what we have, #4 picking off so called #1 and their in the game?  A little insurance isn't such a bad thing when considering the BCS BS.  Don't ya think?

yeah but they were going to the national championship either way, he was just doing it so they could be 1st and to keep their record going, just a risky move, im not taking anything away from the team, i just think that last game was handeled poorly and in poor taste
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 08:05:16 PM »
well i have a crummy memory then, florida state is slighty acceptable  because it's the rivalry

Umm? Don't you consider two teams from the Big 12 playing for the Championship a rivalry? Not in the classic sense maybe, but a rivalry nonetheless.

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2008, 07:22:19 AM »
first of all they wont score 60 against florida

Big IF.... "If" OU plays Florida like they played Texas Tech, Florida will be blown out of the stadium.  I just want to see a good game, sure hope Florida shows up.  :D  Be glad Florida doesn't play in the Big 12.

GO OU!  :rock

:salute

A8Grind  :)

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2008, 11:01:19 AM »
Big IF.... "If" OU plays Florida like they played Texas Tech, Florida will be blown out of the stadium.  I just want to see a good game, sure hope Florida shows up.  :D  Be glad Florida doesn't play in the Big 12.

GO OU!  :rock

A8Grind  :)

are you kidding me, be glad OU doesn't play in the SEC

SEC is EASILY the toughest college football conference

And I wouldn't be getting cocky already, I don't think either team will blow the other one out, it's going to be a very good game, I'd say similar to the Bama v Florida game, which is one of the best games I've seen in a long while

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2008, 01:13:03 PM »

SEC is EASILY the toughest college football conference

blah, besides two teams the SEC took a whooping from the ACC.  The SEC is not the end all be all of college football.

An "elite team" does not make an "elite conference."

Here are the final regular season results in games involving teams from the BCS leagues played against each other or Notre Dame.  (There are no OOC games next week played between BCS leagues)

1-  ACC 15-8

2-  Big East 9-7

3-  Big12 7-8

4-  Big10 6-7

5-  PAC10 6-8

6-  SEC 6-9

(Notre Dame 4-6)

Do you think this year is a fluke?

Here are the results of all the leagues since the inception of the BCS in 1998.

1-  ACC  126-120

2-  PAC10 96-92

3-  Big10  117-113

4-  SEC  101-101

5-  Big12 93-99

6-  BigEast 96-110

(Notre Dame 59-53)

Top-to-Bottom...The ACC is the toughest league.

It is the ACC, that "beats up each other" in conference games...not the Big12 or the SEC.

Please notice how the ACC this year played 48% of their OOC games against teams from the other BCS leagues. (23 of 48)

The Big12 and the SEC only played 31% of their OOC games against teams from the other BCS leagues (15 of 48)

Maybe, if the ACC played a few more easy OOC games, then they also would have 10+ win teams.

The ACC has 12 teams...4 of those teams went 5-3 in league competition.  6 of those teams went 4-4 in league competition.  10 teams played 500 ball in a 12-team league.  That folks, is the epitome of being the best Top-to-Bottom league in the country.  Especially when you factor in that the ACC played 7 games above 500 against teams from the other BCS leagues, and 4 of the 6 BCS leagues, couldn't even break even, in a limited number of games.

On to the Bowls...

Borrowed from a random sports forum.  ACC ftw.  :D
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »
the sec record is messed up because there are so many good teams playing eachother, listen we can bicker all we want over which is better, lets settle at this Big 12 and SEC are the best two

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2008, 03:05:07 PM »
Nope.  Not going to agree.  The ACC won 6 of 10 against the SEC.  The facts speak for themselves.

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »
yes but what games were those, for example, tennesse stunk this year, so i'm sure one of those is someone v tennesse, I'm saying the power house SEC teams vs the power house ACC teams, the SEC would prevail

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
Again, your wrong.  Your "powerhouse" teams played the weaker side of the ACC and came up with only 4 wins.   :rofl  SEC is so overrated its sickening. 

There were 10 games this season between SEC and ACC teams.

The SEC was the team with the higher league standing in 7 games.

The SEC won 4 games.  In all 4 games the SEC team of higher standing.

The ACC won 6 of these games.

2 games were against a team of equal standing.

4 of the ACC wins were against SEC teams that had a higher final standing.

The 2 SEC teams in the championship game played 3 of the games against the ACC.

Neither of the ACC teams in the championship game played against the SEC.

Win                             Loss     

1  Florida                     2  Fla St                       SEC Higher Conference Standing

1  Alabama                  4  Clemson                  SEC Higher Conference Standing

1  Florida                     4  Miami                      SEC Higher Conference Standing

4  South Carolina        6  NC State                 SEC Higher Conference Standing

2  Ga Tech                   6  Mississippi St          ACC Higher Conference Standing

2  Ga Tech                   2  Georgia                   Equal Conference Standing

4  Clemson                  4  South Carolina        Equal Conference Standing

5  Wake                       2  Mississippi               SEC Higher Conference Standing

5  Wake                       3  Vanderbilt               SEC Higher Conference Standing

6  Duke                       3  Vanderbilt               SEC Higher Conference Standing

How different would this season look if the Higher ranked ACC teams had been playing the lower ranked SEC teams?   :aok

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2008, 03:23:47 PM »
As much as I hate Zero U, I can't blame them for running up the score. It's not their fault that the system in which they are judged endorses running up the score. And consindering they had that 3 way tie with the Tea sips and Sand Aggies, I'm sure they did everything they could to hang a hundred on every opponent since the Texas loss.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2008, 03:29:44 PM »
The Sooners normally place the Band members an a mixture of the Cheerleaders in on the 4th Quarter just to make you whine and cry.

Gives all of us Okies and Bob Stoops a chuckle.

If you can't deal with College Football there's always the Chess Club.

:aok

Mac

SOONERS, SOONER BOOMERS!!!!

Merry SOONER Christmas!