Author Topic: Lost My Wingman  (Read 1072 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Lost My Wingman
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 03:50:41 PM »
The first CO of the Buccaneers Whitey -brkt- (may he rest in peace) had a parrot that would stand on his monitor and watch the screen upside down.  When Whitey would get shot up the bird would swear a few seconds before Whitey would.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 01:09:01 AM »
Looks like Teflon poisoning.  We didn't go through with the necropsy.  The vet called its viability into question because of decomposition of the body, but the surviving bird shows labored breathing which may take a month to heal.  He also said the only thing he's ever seen that can kill a bird that fast is Teflon poisoning.

We are getting rid of all our non-stick pans and appliances.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 03:35:29 AM »
They should really put warnings on Teflon pans about this, because I guarantee that not many people are even aware of this danger, or atleast pet shops should start making sure they tell people who buy birds about not cooking with it.

The first CO of the Buccaneers Whitey -brkt- (may he rest in peace) had a parrot that would stand on his monitor and watch the screen upside down.  When Whitey would get shot up the bird would swear a few seconds before Whitey would.
Thats hilarious.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 09:30:35 AM »
It is very sad that they don't have to put a warning on the pans and that they can still make them!
Now that they are linking them to human heath problems, I am sure that we will see a change.  They are already coming out with other coatings, but I won't buy anything coated again.
Maybe if the few MILLION people who have lost birds to these products formed a law suit, things would change.  But I think the fact that they have never been made to do anything about it is the problem.
 :salute to little Socrates.  May his passing save the life of another.

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0