Author Topic: Anyone else getting high ping times?  (Read 329 times)

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
Anyone else getting high ping times?
« on: December 06, 2008, 11:05:10 AM »
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed higher ping times to the AH servers?
I'm hovering around 100 at any given time, where I used to be around the 60's.

S

Offline 3lips

• Zinc Member
      • http://hiredguns-ah.com
Re: Anyone else getting high ping times?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:24:47 AM »
I have very high ping times...mine used to be in the 60s now I'm at fluctuates between 250 and 350.  also getting disconnects to the server which i rarely ever had.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »
You are both with Comcast.  I guess they are not telling people they are switching to Level3 for thier backbone service, which is going to cause all manner of packet loss and ping time changes.

Right now is not a good time to be going with a backbone provider whose network is over-extended.

Complain to Comcast, as there is nothing we can do about it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 06:31:53 PM »
Think that's bad?  During prime time my cable ISP's ping (even to the first hop) can go up to 3 seconds.  Yes, 3 seconds, not msec.  Of course, at 3AM I get 40 msec.

Offline 3lips

• Zinc Member
      • http://hiredguns-ah.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 11:28:59 PM »
thanks skuzzy will complain to comcast.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 11:52:52 PM »
Comcast is a JOKE.  Where I used to live, I had 30% packet loss on 2 different hops.  All within their internal routes just miles from my house.  I recently moved and was very glad to get better ping then this.

They pushed VOIP in my old area, everyone got it and then everyone dropped it.  I worked near one of their major offices, and at lunch one afternoon decided I would ask one of their employees with the comcast shirt on why they overload their routers.  He acted stunned.  I told him about my old area and he said OH yea they just found out about it and are working to upgrade that next SPRING. This was going on for 2 years everyone complained and everyone left their VOIP.

HOW inept do they have to be to JUST notice the reason why people are dropping their voip service in droves?  IT'S NOT OUR EQUIPMENT AND YOU CAN ONLY REPLACE THE LINE OUTSIDE SO MANY TIMES you IDIOTS! lol.

It will be a glorious day to watch them crash and burn.  I hate them with such a passion I can't even tell you.  Anyone I know through others is an assclown who thinks they are network gods in control of the space and time dimension. 

What is funny is, as more and more gamers join up, they are NOT going to tolerate high pings and WILL opt for another option.  Hell I'll go wireless if I can't play games online and will save $30 / month not to mention, I'll take money from Suckast.

S

Offline rainnman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 11:55:16 AM »
Just moved to this area and got comcast a month ago.  For the first three weeks of so everything was great.  Was able to get on AH and would fly for 4 to 6 hours without incident.  About three days ago I started to encounter dropoffs.  It has gotten worse over the past day and now I am lucky if I can stay on for 5 minutes.  Pings start out at 82 but go up to over 300.  First I get message host stopped receiving udp switched to tcp and then shortly after that I get host disconnected.  Have been calling comcast several times a day but to no avail.  I live in the Oak Harbor Washington area and wonder if anyone else in the area is having same problem.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
Sincraft.... I have had comcast for eons. My bandwith in my area has been stellar for years! May be your area?

See Rule #6