Author Topic: Training ?  (Read 333 times)

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
Training ?
« on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:31 PM »
 Hello All,

Been back in AH for about 3 week after a almost 4 year LOA.  I have to say that has been difficult to get back in the saddle :)

Is there any specific times that trainers are available  in the training arena. 

Shoot me a email or give me a holler if you are in the MA.  I have been flying Monday and Tuesday nights. ( as a knit ) help me get back up to speed.

There are several things that I have noticed but, I just cant find my pace in the 51 these days.

1, I am not setting up a proper egress path to extend.
2, I am getting defensive too fast. ( I used to get on top of a fight and stay there as well as get good results.)
3, I can not get the pony over the top fast enough to get  around on a NME. ( always leads to me having to try to escape  or drag to a fren )
4, my gunnery is totally stinking. deflection, saddled up on the 6, and snap shots.  ( this is costing me the most because I am not taking advantage of any kind of firing solution that I get. ) I have tried the convergance at all ranges. from D200 to D 600.
5, I would also like to get my bombing and rox skills back up to speed. ( this I do not have a clue on  it has been so long ! )

I can correct some of this on my own but, I am having trouble putting the total package back together.

That is where a trainer would come in to  give me some advice and get me back up to speed. Even winging up In the MA with another Pony driver would me most helpful.

Regards.

Rabbit

BTW..... I even tried a Spit for the first time in my virtual pilot career and I have to say.... dang! now I know people new to WWII combat flight sims fly them. what a uber ride !
Rabbit

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: Training ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:31:51 PM »
3, I can not get the pony over the top fast enough to get  around on a NME. ( always leads to me having to try to escape  or drag to a fren )

Have you made sure that stall limiter is off?

Also, what is "rox"?
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:01:12 PM »
Yossarian

Yup it is off  :)
Rox =  rocketts  ( old dude speak )

I think I just really need to get in there and suffer my 1000 deaths (all over again ) , pratice and read as much info as I can to refresh my memory. I guess that I am just expecting to recall all of the subtle aspects to flying my ride of choice again.

Back in the old days getting clubbed like a baby seal was pretty painful as I recall it will be no different <g>  ahh the let the lawn darting continue and the long walks back to base to think about what I did wrong and what I should of did correctly. I really hate those one ping deaths that come from what seems to from nowhere.   perhaps when that happens I really never left the tower and just  passed out from too much Crown Royal ? was a dream :) yeah yeah thats the tickett !

.... even the beatings when I am captured.....errr wait a sec... I normaly have to pay 50 bucks for a good beating LOL !

I have to say seeing the blood splatter all over the canopy kinda freaks me out :) but it is kinda cool!

But to be serious I think winging up with someone in the MA and getting some training would be the way to evaluate my basic ACM and tactes to get me back on track.

Think im on my own with the gunnery tho :)

I am back in my old squad but, I do not think that they fly in the MA in force.   maybe they just dont like me anymore....... Nahhhhhh couldnt be they sent me a invite <g> Maybe they are all old and have dementia? heck they had dementia 10 years ago it is what makes them  so fun much and interesting LOL  !

Rabbit
Rabbit

Offline Thias

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:05:18 AM »
Ren and I are in the Dueling Arena quite a bit. Look us up when you log on with /.f playerid

We can go a few rounds like old times.

The 51 today is different from the 51 of old AH, and definitely a different beast than the MacAW/AW 51. You can find all the relevant info to answer your questions within this forum. There's about 8 years worth of information right? :)

Otherwise gunnery will really just take time to reform those images of when to shoot in your mind. I'd suggest setting your convergence to something around 300yards at least until you get a feel for where you like to shoot. 300 is a good all around range.

You already know the basics of leading etc. Same goes for feeling out the fight and being offensive vs "defensive".
Just jump in there and kick off some rust. It'll come back.

bombs are for dweebs. take a dt. :)

-kya