Author Topic: Interesting tune  (Read 214 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Interesting tune
« on: December 14, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »
I gave my oldest brother an Early Xmas present and took him to the Oasis concert last night.    Great show!   It was refreshing for both of us because we could talk amongst ourselves.   This is a rare moment for us.    I'm the youngest of my siblings.   But the two of us are without question the closest of our siblings.   But we sometimes just enjoy catching up on books, music, etc (He's my brother that hooks me up with free Pre-pubs, discounted books, etc).

You see, he was divorced after 16 years of marriage in 2005.   Long story short, she got a promotion, got cocky and served him the papers.   She lost the promotion a week after she served him.  I helped him throughout his divorce.   Told him to stay there "no matter how chitty she is", because once you leave, you've "abandoned your two daughters".    She was filling out the papers and my brother just sat there listening to her ask her daughters questions (that she already knew the answers to).   I looked at him and went to the kitchen and asked her "Why are you doing this?   You know the answers, set an example for your daughters.   Wait, you were the one to help them with their homework weren't you? (my brother was and still hounds the youngest to read, read, and study)."   She shut up, I returned to the living room and grabbed my beer.   He still thanks me often for "being there when he was in his lowest moments in life, when it should have been the opposite."

He spent some money on a spitfire female lawyer.   He's had full physical custody of his youngest daughter ever since.   But we both agree that it sucks when I come out to visit (or vice versa) because she does NOT leave him to talk with anyone.   In a couple of years I'll politely explain some things to her (he even wants me too).   When they were younger I'd take them everywhere (Zoo, Library, games, arcades) just because I wanted too.

Anywho, fast forward to last night.   I'm driving to the Palace of Auburn Hills and we start talking about music (He's the one that had the most impact on my music listening to date).   I have no clue how it came up but Elton John came up, and I told him that "Ticking" is my favorite tune by him.   He said:  "Have you ever listened to "Empty Garden (Hey, Hey Johnny)?""   I told him I don't remember it off of the top of my head.    I downloaded it this morning and then it hit me like a Mack Truck.   I now remember him playing this in the basement of our parents house back in 1982.   I was only 9, but I recall it well.   It's just astounding at what you remember after 26 years of not hearing a song even one time since.   

Silly story I know, but nonetheless, this is without question the best tune Taupin ever wrote, with "Ticking" following close behind.   

:salute
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Interesting tune
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 10:03:11 PM »
I think I'll cry now  :cry

and pad my post count  :noid
Tours 86 - 296

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Interesting tune
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »
taupin wrote some very good ones.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"